Orange spots on Easter cactus

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
SkyClan Cat

Orange spots on Easter cactus

Post by SkyClan Cat »

Some kind of fungus?

The one I had two years ago had some of this when I got it, and now this one seems to have developed it fairly recently.

(It wasn't what killed the other one, though; I threw away all affected segments of that one and the orange stuff never came back... I'll do the same with this one)
IMG_4390.JPG
IMG_4390.JPG (130.74 KiB) Viewed 791 times
IMG_4393.JPG
IMG_4393.JPG (151.66 KiB) Viewed 791 times
We do what we must
because we can.
For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are dead.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
SkyClan Cat

Re: Orange spots on Easter cactus

Post by SkyClan Cat »

suspected fusarium rot but wasn't totally sure, finally just now found some pictures on another forum under a description of fusarium, and some of the pictures look alarmingly similar to this, and now I'm terrified because apparently this crap spreads through wind and my plants are outside and we just had a really windy day... this reminds me of my pitcher plant that was slowly dying from some other kind of fungus over a period of like, months (and that plant was tiny) and I couldn't quit stressing about it until I finally threw it out, and even for a while after that because I was scared the fungus might've gotten to my other pitcher plant too

I feel like I might not want another cactus of this species ever; these things are just nothing but trouble for me

One thing that may be worth noting, though, is that it has not been dropping segments.
We do what we must
because we can.
For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are dead.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.