Neem granules

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
midlife crisis

Re: Neem granules

Post by midlife crisis »

You should be able to buy a concentrate and mix up what you need to do your soak. We have conifidor concentrate in small bottles and in tubes and I would presume you would mix as per the ratios for spraying.
On a side note I have to treat all of my pots that are inside on my shelves when I bottom water I do a tray at a time which is 12 x 80mm pots then I do my bigger ones individually. The thing is I use around 18+ litres of water to do all of my pots and then I use what water I have left on my other plants outside. The thing is I don't want to make up 18 litres of conifidor to treat my plants and then have to all of this poison to get rid of.
What do you all do when you have 100 + pots to treat ?

Cheers
Midlife
SnowFella

Post by SnowFella »

I used a Yates confidor concentrate last year as soil soak against mealies and it had no ill effect what so ever....apart from ill effect for the little critters that tried eating my cactii.
Here's the one I used.
http://www.yates.com.au/products/pest-c ... abinator-1

As "spotfire" spray I tend to use either the Yates Confidor ready to use spray or Defender MaxGuard
http://www.scottsaustralia.com.au/defen ... -maxguard/

Also used Yates Folimat aerosol to kill of mites, just got to be careful so you don't flash freeze the skin of the plant with the aerosol.

Edit: what to do when you have 100+ pots to treat? Just mix more of the stuff and use whatever is left over on whatever other garden plants you have outside ;)
Robb

Post by Robb »

Ok i will contact Mitre 10 mega about how much to dilute. By the way the company that makes most of the cactus and succulent supplies in new zealand is Thrive (I buy there cactus potting mix all the time)
thanks for all your help!!!
Buying a cactus a day will keep the madness away.
Robb

Post by Robb »

I have about 15 cacti to treat. so maybe i shoulkd mix about 5 drops of conifidor with 1 L of water?
iann

Post by iann »

18 litres sounds like too much for 100 pots. Maybe they are very big pots? Mix what you think is about enough to water the whole collection. The concentrate will store for months without any trouble, even a year or two if you keep it out of the sun.
--ian
Robb

Post by Robb »

after much crunching of numbers I found the right mix of confidor and water. my cacti are now soaking in the confidor water mixture
lets hope for no more mealy bugs!!!!!!!!! :D \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Robb

Post by Robb »

Left the treated cacti in the rain last night, ooooops had to run out in the downour in my pjs to put them under the verranda. hope they are ok :|
iann

Post by iann »

You know you're addicted when you run around in the middle of the night protecting your babies from a change in the weather. When you'll do it bare-foot in the snow then all hope is lost ...
--ian
midlife crisis

Post by midlife crisis »

Robb wrote:after much crunching of numbers I found the right mix of confidor and water. my cacti are now soaking in the confidor water mixture
lets hope for no more mealy bugs!!!!!!!!! :D \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
What ratio did you end up using as my mealy bug war is just starting. :evil:
iann wrote:18 litres sounds like too much for 100 pots. Maybe they are very big pots? Mix what you think is about enough to water the whole collection. The concentrate will store for months without any trouble, even a year or two if you keep it out of the sun.
Thanks Iann it is good to know that it stores ok. My pots don't use all of the water but the way that I bottom water I always have about 9 liters in the tub that they soak in so I have water left over when I finish if that makes sense.

Cheers
Midlife
Robb

Post by Robb »

Sorry to hear that midlife :( The ratio was a 50 50 mix of water and cofidor Note: I had the ready to use fomula (its already been diluted). try to get that lets kill those mealys once and for all :evil: :evil: :salute:
SnowFella

Post by SnowFella »

Same for me here, spring is kicking and I'm starting to find mealies everywhere. So the next watering will be lazed with confidor to hopefully keep it at bay over summer, last year I did 2 soil soaks about 2 months apart and spot treated using spray whenever I found mealies.
midlife crisis

Post by midlife crisis »

This is the first time I have had mealies and boy have I got them . I thought spider mites took over fast but these have just taken over in the last couple of weeks. I was a bit slow to react but I will win :evil:

This the stuff that I have
Screenshot_34.png
Screenshot_34.png (113.81 KiB) Viewed 1671 times

And this is the dilution rates . Do I just go with the higher rates or will that be over kill for a soil soak.
Screenshot_33.png
Screenshot_33.png (44.77 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
Cheers
Midlife