Source for Pereskiopsis

All about grafting. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
Vipassana

Source for Pereskiopsis

Post by Vipassana »

Can anyone point me to a reasonably priced source of Pereskiopsis. I would like to try my hand at grafting. I have found it available on eBay, but it is somewhat pricey.

Also, how fast can I expect it to grow? If it is fast, I might be inclined to bite the bullet and buy some stock and then wait a few months to have a steady supply.

If any of you can offer some up, I can compensate you for your time and shipping.

Thank you.
george76904

Re: Source for Pereskiopsis

Post by george76904 »

You can get some for $1.50 per unrooted cuttings from c&d plants. The cuttings I got from them grew quite fast. They were also fairly large cuttings unlike some on eBay. To show how fast they grow. Last year I got 4 cuttings and at this point I have like 15 plants. With a few more grafts on pereskiopsis.
Onzuka

Post by Onzuka »

There must be someone on your side of the pond who can help you out, but if not, pm me and we'll work something out, I have lots.

You don't need much. It grows like a weed in an English greenhouse!

Steve.
HP22B

Post by HP22B »

Keep your eye on ebay, you'll occasionally see people getting rid of lots. I got most of my original stocks from a person who packed a small flat-rate postage box to the gills with cuttings for only $2.

I can also give you a few cuttings if you're ever in Tucson :lol: