First pereskiopsis grafting attempts

All about grafting. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
MrPintxo

First pereskiopsis grafting attempts

Post by MrPintxo »

This one is 3 months old, and I'm not sure if it's a Hatiora herminiae or salicornoides (hasn't flowered yet).
DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG (125.6 KiB) Viewed 1768 times
Mammillaria backebergiana. This one had too much sun, hence it's reddish tone.
DSC_0045.JPG
DSC_0045.JPG (27.1 KiB) Viewed 1768 times
snarfie

Re: First pereskiopsis grafting attempts

Post by snarfie »

Looks very nice, should'nt you cut off the new pereskiopsis shoots so the cutting gets it all?
Young professional amateur in Schlumbergera and Rhipsalidopsis growing and hybridizing
MrPintxo

Post by MrPintxo »

snarfie wrote:Looks very nice, should'nt you cut off the new pereskiopsis shoots so the cutting gets it all?
It's just that I have too many seedlings in need of a graft and too few pereskiopsis.
I'm just letting those shoots grow big enough so they have a chance to root and be reused, but yes, it's better to remove them right away,
snarfie

Post by snarfie »

If they have taken, you can also make a cutting of the part with the graft, the only con is that the cutting with the graft has to root again.
Young professional amateur in Schlumbergera and Rhipsalidopsis growing and hybridizing
YusufCYL

Post by YusufCYL »

i am new in cactus grafting, i wish to try to use Pereskiopsis Spathulata as the root stock

however, i can not find the Pereskiopsis Spathulata in my country (Malaysia) although i have searched it in the nursery.

i found this plant is sold in certain online shop in oversea (UK, US), but i am not afford for the price and the shipping cost. Furthermore, i do not have a credit card to pay (i am a student).

Do you know anybody in Malaysia have Pereskiopsis Spathulata? or any cheaper source for Pereskiopsis Spathulata?

thank you very much