Hypocotyl grafting

All about grafting. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
Driller64

Hypocotyl grafting

Post by Driller64 »

Sorry to keep bothering you with my grafting questions but school is boring so yeah :D Heard about the grafting technique in the title and I'm wondering what plants made by this technique look like as adults. If anyone owns one please share a photo of it.

Also I just got the best idea. With a stubborn Pereskiopsis cutting I was thinking I could graft some seedling roots left over from a proper grafting attempt to the end of the cutting and if it takes it will have instant roots!
Say no to drugs, say yes to cacti
HP22B

Re: Hypocotyl grafting

Post by HP22B »

If you graft seedling roots to the Pereskiopsis, it then becomes a scion if you think about it. The Pereskiopsis would then be growing off of roots meant for a seedling of another species, so I don't think this would be beneficial if it even worked.
Driller64

Post by Driller64 »

Pictures of adult hypocotyl graft plants here:

http://www.bcss.org.uk/foruma/viewtopic ... 30&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Driller64

Post by Driller64 »

I think these plants were also hypocotyl grafted:

http://www.cactus-art.biz/technics/imag ... ereus_.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
snarfie

Post by snarfie »

Yeah, o. Compressa grows with the scion. I've read something about that a while ago.
Young professional amateur in Schlumbergera and Rhipsalidopsis growing and hybridizing