Myrtillocactus Cristata cutting. Help needed (pics)

Multiplying your cacti vegetatively.
Marzhattan

Myrtillocactus Cristata cutting. Help needed (pics)

Post by Marzhattan »

Hello community,

I am in need of some help with a tiny cutting a friend gave me from her Myrtillocactus Geometrizans Cristata. She just popped it off the plant for me to take home so it is a little bit dusty with the soil but I washed it and managed to apply a little bit of rooting powder on the green part where it was cut. I am looking for some guidance in how to proceed, should I leave it dry and callous over for a week or so before setting into some soil or should I just go ahead and place it on some soil now? Also I am wondering how much sun I should give it as well as any recommendations as to the watering schedule for such a small plant. Thank you guys any advice is much appreciated!
Attachments
IMG_3575.JPG
IMG_3575.JPG (33.86 KiB) Viewed 2366 times
IMG_3576.JPG
IMG_3576.JPG (32.03 KiB) Viewed 2366 times
IMG_3577.JPG
IMG_3577.JPG (33.11 KiB) Viewed 2366 times
ElieEstephane

Re: Myrtillocactus Cristata cutting. Help needed (pics)

Post by ElieEstephane »

Leave it to dry for a couple of days to callous thrn stick it in a gritty mix in a small pot and don't water for a week and start to water slowly when new growth appears. As for sun exposure i'd start in part shade and increase exposure every couple of weeks
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen: