Echinocactus offsets

Multiplying your cacti vegetatively.
ElieEstephane

Echinocactus offsets

Post by ElieEstephane »

I got this this echinocactus clump thinking it's thr usual several seedlings planted together but it's not. It's actually really a clump! I've never seen an echinocactus clump at such a young age :-k before i realised that i pulled an offset thinking it's an independant plant and it had no roots at all.
My question is will this offset root? I don't have any experience with echinocactus offsets and i don't wanna pull another one if it won't root although it's a bit crowded.

Thank you!
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
cactushobbyman

Re: Echinocactus offsets

Post by cactushobbyman »

Echinocactus grusonii var. brevispinus (subinermis) can offset at young age. I would keep as a clump, but if you want to root the offsets I would root them like other offsets.
ElieEstephane

Re: Echinocactus offsets

Post by ElieEstephane »

cactushobbyman wrote:Echinocactus grusonii var. brevispinus (subinermis) can offset at young age. I would keep as a clump, but if you want to root the offsets I would root them like other offsets.
Good to know thanks!
Im not gonna remove all the offsets. Just those that are gonna get squished by the others
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen: