Need help with Cactus cutting

Multiplying your cacti vegetatively.
Durk

Need help with Cactus cutting

Post by Durk »

I believe my cactus is a Chamaelobivia 'Rose Quartz'

A few weeks ago my cactus started to rot at the bottom from most likely over watering and new soil that I got to repot the cactus in. I used a sterilized blade to cut a good bit over the rot. I then put some rooting hormone on the cut end and let it sit out for a few days. When I planted the cutting into some desert sand that I have I believe I made a mistake in not watering him. I have since been watering because he is looking wilted at the bottom
I have had this cactus for a long time and would like someone to help me save him please :)

short version:
Should I water my cactus cuttings, how often and what else can I do to get them to grow roots
Also the pieces aren't that big, Will they still root? And what to do about my cuttings wilting?

There are two different cuttings.
Last edited by Durk on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenknight

Re: Need help with Cactus cutting

Post by greenknight »

Cross-posting the same thing in different categories of the forum is frowned upon everywhere. I've already answered your post in the Cultivation forum. I understand why you're anxious, but you won't get results any faster this way.
Spence :mrgreen:
Durk

Post by Durk »

greenknight wrote:Cross-posting the same thing in different categories of the forum is frowned upon everywhere. I've already answered your post in the Cultivation forum. I understand why you're anxious, but you won't get results any faster this way.
Thanks for answering my question

I will be adding images tomorrow.
Durk

Post by Durk »

greenknight wrote:Cross-posting the same thing in different categories of the forum is frowned upon everywhere. I've already answered your post in the Cultivation forum. I understand why you're anxious, but you won't get results any faster this way.
Here are the pictures.

There are two different cuttings.