Sedum burrito leaves

Multiplying your cacti vegetatively.
Benyellow

Sedum burrito leaves

Post by Benyellow »

So after a wild storm last month, few leaves on my sedum burrito has drop off. I let them dry for a few days and put them in moist soil. I would mist them morning and night, making sure the soil stays wet, and give them 4 hours of filtered sunlight each day. After a week they have rooted, but two weeks has passed and they aren't producing new shoots yet. What am I doing wrong?
snarfie

Re: Sedum burrito leaves

Post by snarfie »

Making the growing point often takes a lot longer than just making roots, so i'd expect the first growth in another two weeks
Young professional amateur in Schlumbergera and Rhipsalidopsis growing and hybridizing
Benyellow

Post by Benyellow »

Well, here's an update, I covered the container with a lid to make sure the humidity level remains high. Left it in bright sun, and new shoots grow after a few days! haha, gonna keep it in high humidity and slowly reducing the humidity.
snarfie

Post by snarfie »

You better keep them in bright light or they will elongate. And nice that it has worked.
Young professional amateur in Schlumbergera and Rhipsalidopsis growing and hybridizing