The seedling rerooting experiment

Multiplying your cacti vegetatively.
Driller64

The seedling rerooting experiment

Post by Driller64 »

While I was repotting some seedlings from a cactus seed mix I sowed around last Christmas (I will probably sow more mixed cactus seeds since I have a pack of them sitting around), I realized I ran out of soil. Not wanting to waste the remaining seedlings, I had no choice but to remove the seedlings roots. Now before you write me off as a deranged mass murderer of cacti, I used my cactus identification skills to try and identify the ones that would root and which ones wouldn't. I believe I did a good job. Below you will see the cuttings. The ones in the upper righthand corner are Cereus peruvianus monstrose cuttings I took today. The one in in the lower righthand corner is a Clestiocactus cutting. I will also include the list of species listed on the envelope which I grew these seedlings from so you can do some guesswork as to what seedlings these are.

Also on a side note, this post was originally going to be a little more detailed but when I went to upload images the ipad I'm typing this on said the connection was lost, forcing me to start over again. Has anyone else had this problem?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (70.08 KiB) Viewed 1511 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (13.12 KiB) Viewed 1511 times
Say no to drugs, say yes to cacti
KittieKAT

Re: The seedling rerooting experiment

Post by KittieKAT »

Yes that happens to Me sometimes so if I'm writing something long i copy it before i add pictures incase that happens in times i didn't copy the text, sometimes i can press the " back" button or previous page button...whatever it's called and when i do that my text is still filled into the space. Try that next time it happens and if it doesn't start copying the post before hand like i do now., the seedlings look fine to me btw, Goodluck with them. :)