WANTED: Pilosocereus Purpureus Cutting/offset/seed/seedling

Multiplying your cacti vegetatively.
KittieKAT

WANTED: Pilosocereus Purpureus Cutting/offset/seed/seedling

Post by KittieKAT »

My hunt continues for a P. Purpureus - i have they other blue Pilosocereus' s but am unable to find this one in the US . I heard seeds have a very bad Germation rate especially seeds sold online. I was wondering if anyone had this plant and had . Cutting/offset or Fresh seeds/seedlings for postage or trade of something i have (cuttings, seeds,seedlings,offsets) of some sort. This is the one plant i have been searching for, for my personal collection that is driving me crazy!! I must have this cacti!! If you even have one of these plants for a reasonable price i would be willing to buy it! Thanks
Minime8484

Re: WANTED: Pilosocereus Purpureus Cutting/offset/seed/seedl

Post by Minime8484 »

I recommend you contact one of the eBay sellers that offers seeds offline about plants; sometimes they also have the plants they are willing to sell.
For example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pilosocereus-pu ... 4897.l4275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They indicate in their comments that, "We have a lot of extremely rare cactus if you want something rare let me know and I will listing for you. Questions? feel free to email me."
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yes I've tried eBay and a few other sites for seeds and nothing germinates and I've read others had the same problem
With seeds bought from those sellers as well, and the only plants I've found don't sell to US :(
jp29

Post by jp29 »

KittieKAT wrote:My hunt continues for a P. Purpureus - i have they other blue Pilosocereus' s but am unable to find this one in the US . I heard seeds have a very bad Germation rate especially seeds sold online. I was wondering if anyone had this plant and had . Cutting/offset or Fresh seeds/seedlings for postage or trade of something i have (cuttings, seeds,seedlings,offsets) of some sort. This is the one plant i have been searching for, for my personal collection that is driving me crazy!! I must have this cacti!! If you even have one of these plants for a reasonable price i would be willing to buy it! Thanks
Unfortunately I lost all of my plants (grown from Marlon Machado seed) during our "great freeze" of a few years ago. However I gave several cephaliated cuttings to a few friends one of whom said he will send me some cuttings from his plant(s). It may take a little while, but when I get them I will send you a couple. In the meantime, I have a page (with pics) devoted to M. purpureus on my Brazilian cacti web site -- link in my signature block.

James
James
My cactus cultivation pages:
https://jp29.org/cactuscult.htm Image
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

That would be so awesome of you, I'm so sorry you lost your babies! It's so sad when the weather ans mother nature kicks dirt in our eye's. I've been thinking of trying seeds since i can't find plant's, But they don't have the best germination rate from what I've read, especially the one i want most :(
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Hopefully i can hold out until you get some cuts back from your friend so i won't have to cry myself to sleep when the seeds don't germinate..if i get the seeds, which i really hope i don't lol i don't wanna kill them!