Fair Castle Cacti Cutting

Multiplying your cacti vegetatively.
Spotcold2

Fair Castle Cacti Cutting

Post by Spotcold2 »

I'm not sure of the scientific name, but is took a cutting from my mother plant about two months ago. From what I heard, which wasn't much, was that they r slow growers.... But isn't every species of cacti a slow grower? The first image is the mother plant, the second image is the sight of cutting of the baby plant, and the third is to show u how long the cutting is of the baby plant.... Could u please help me? I thought the roots would have sprouted by now..... What should I do? Does anyone have some info on fairy castle cacti? Because I haven't found much info on the internet..... It looks like there is a scab where I made the cut.... But it also looks dried out where I made the cut... Will roots ever grow?.. How will I kno when the cutting has completely died and there would be no hope for it?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (48 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (48.97 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (50.17 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
cactushobbyman

Re: Fair Castle Cacti Cutting

Post by cactushobbyman »

If you have an area where it is warm, I would place the cutting in fast draining damp soil. Let it go through moist dry cycle and in time it will root. I have not done your type of plant, but others I do the same with good luck. Some plants root fast, others slow. Not too wet, let dry and not too wet again. Works for me. :)