How to post a LARGE image

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
dimales

Post by dimales »

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff21 ... ha600p.jpg this is just a try...I am not sure should it work
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

Dimales, it works. If ytou want your image to appear directly in the forum, copy the IMG box and paste it in the forum. Be sure that the image you are using is not too large.
Buck Hemenway
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Buck Hemenway wrote: Be sure that the image you are using is not too large.
Yes, too large of a file size will make for slow download, but you can make the pic any dimension as the forum will auto-size it down with a link to the larger image.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Updated this in light of the new "Upload Picture" feature.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Brontosaurus

Re: How to post a LARGE image

Post by Brontosaurus »

Does anyone know if I can post photos like this directly from Google Photos?
stephanelli

Post by stephanelli »

I use a similar method to host pictures in my website, unfortunately Google Photos didn't allow me to use this method on there (I think its something to do with privacy or permissions or something, but I'm not quite that technically minded to know for sure).

I've just had a play to try and make it work and it absolutely refuses to show the image I tried to share :(

(I can however recommend Flickr, as well, for doing this (although it does require a yahoo account))
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Sometimes you can click the righthand mouse button on your picture on another site where you posted it and then on the menu that drops down click on "Save Picture As" and save it to a file on your computer where it will copy it and then you can post it from there. Obviously you should not download other peoples pictures in that fashion without their permission. Also some sites may disable right button clicking on the mouse to prevent this.

I have in fact used that method to get my own pictures I posted on Forums back when I accidently deleted them on my computer.
7george

Post by 7george »

I am not sure what is considered as a "large image" in our days but I think these 1600 pxs wide and up have to be large enough. Some image hosting sites like Flickr.com and postimg.cc/ give links to large images you upload there and this forum software resizes the view of those images to acceptable size. Like these below.

If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8