Does anyone know of any Cacti species from Colombia or Argentina that are good for beginners ?

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Nopaltzin

Re: Does anyone know of any Cacti species from Colombia or Argentina that are good for beginners ?

Post by Nopaltzin »

DaveW wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:35 pm Your problem will be if you obtain the plants in the UK getting them out again when you go home due to CITES regulations. Whilst in theory cultivated plants can be exported the paperwork is difficult to get and often more expensive than the plants are worth. Look up the British and EU nurseries on that Cactus Mall link. However you may find importing plants from the EU outside the UK the postage charges often cost more than the plant.

You can download Jaques Lambert Argentinian Cactus book here:-

https://www.cactuspro.com/biblio/en:lambert
I see , I hadn't considered this ](*,) , as I assumed cuttings would be ok to travel with. But in any case I have family living here in the UK so I think in the worst case scenario the cacti that I have would just have to change hands and I'm sure they would be well looked after and loved 8-[ .

Thank you Dave for the book you sent :D , much appreciated and I will definitely download it and check it out , currently very interesting in the Argentinian cacti.