Help, Kaktusy.cz sent me seeds without ID and dont response

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Johann.mx

Help, Kaktusy.cz sent me seeds without ID and dont response

Post by Johann.mx »

Hi, I have a problem, I made an order to kaktuzy.cz and inmediately I paid, I was tryinc to contact them asking for information about the status of my order and they only sent me automatic responses.
Ok, Received Prochazka, after 6 weeks I was upset and deceided to cancel the order, they didnt response again and I went to paypal, asked them to intercede and they ignored us again, paypal decided to give me back my money in October. So I decided to buy my seeds from other suppliers. In January I received by surprise a package of seeds that had been sent in December, months after my money was returned. Now I have my seeds repeated. I opened the package and the seeds come unidentified. Just say G1, G2, G3, G4.... G45. That way they do not serve me at all. I have tried to communicate with them again to fix this situation. I need them to give me the ID of the seeds and I write them and they answer me with their automatic emails. How did you do to identify the seeds? Help me please.
Aiko

Re: Help, Kaktusy.cz sent me seeds without ID and dont response

Post by Aiko »

I assume the numbers refers to the numbers on their list. That is not uncommon for seed sellers. You just have to look up the numbers to see what species they relate to.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

As Aiko says many seed firms do not put names on their packets, only their seedlist number. Many even require you to order by their list number, not the name. The numbers are on their seed list when you order, so you should refer back to that. In any case the packets often do not contain all the valuable information that the seedlists often do, such as collectors numbers and habitat localities that should be preserved with your plants.

I presume you know roughly what genera and species you ordered? I have looked on the Web and see Kaktusy include their numbers under the species.
KAKTUSY.jpg
KAKTUSY.jpg (117.77 KiB) Viewed 1555 times
See:-

http://www.kaktusy.cz/eshop/
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

For instance the second one down in my previous post tells you the plant is a natural intermediate between D. erythrocephala and rhodacantha (though both are now considered the same species). The collection number was KP 356 from San Rafael, kilometer 30 (along the road), monument, Province Mendoza, Argentina at 1215 meters altitude. They will not put all that on a seed packet, but it's information that should be kept with the plants raised.
Johann.mx

Post by Johann.mx »

The problen is that they didnt use the codes of the seeds. They only numerated the packets. I have 42 packets and they say G1, G2, G3, G4, G5....G42.
I think that they have a relation of codes. For example:
G1=TE-0088
G2=MY-2044
G3=....
I tried to contact them but they never answer.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Was it their Feedback Link you used?

http://www.kaktusy.cz/eshop/index.php?feedback=yes

There may be a language problem. The only other thing I can suggest is to contact one of the secretaries of the Czech cactus clubs in the links on Cactus Mall and ask if they can help sort it out for you.

http://www.cactus-mall.com/clubs.html
Johann.mx

Post by Johann.mx »

Thank you, I sent a message to their feedback section, I hope they respond soon. I am from Mexico, and it's ironic how I have to endure these things, I have never had good experiences with the Czechs but they are the ones who have the seeds of our own plants.
DWDogwood

Post by DWDogwood »

This happened to me with a bunch of copiapoa seeds a few years ago and the seller did respond to my confusion. It went something like this:
The seeds are shipped as Gymnocalycium in order to skirt some possible legal issues with cities listed species.
So G means Gymnocalycium.
Then he explained in a separated email he would send the key and you could ID them from there.
So G1 would mean AS-013129 Copiapoa coquimbana ssp DOMEYKOENSIS, as an example, and in 11 out of 12 cases it seemed to pan out. One was listed as an escobaria or something that I didn't order, but which is a no ID copiapoa leaving me to guess.
So check your spam, but that's how it goes down with the G labels.