Can't log in

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Ron43

Can't log in

Post by Ron43 »

Can't log into this site with Firefox. This is all I get now for the last week. I've deleted Firefox including the profile and reinstalled it and still get this.

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfkc() should not be called statically in /mnt/storage/daiv/public_html/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1663
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/storage/daiv/public_html/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /mnt/storage/daiv/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4668

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/storage/daiv/public_html/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /mnt/storage/daiv/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4670

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/storage/daiv/public_html/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /mnt/storage/daiv/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4671

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/storage/daiv/public_html/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /mnt/storage/daiv/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4672
Steve Johnson

Re: Can't log in

Post by Steve Johnson »

CactiGuide is being hosted through Cactus Mall, and a recent upgrade to their servers caused some weirdness, although the type of "flotsam" you described doesn't seem to be interfering with IE's functionality. With that said, this needs to be corrected regardless of whether people are using IE or Firefox. Best recommendation would be to send an email to Tony Mace with the details on the flotsam you're seeing -- cacti@cactus-mall.com.
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
My location: Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10b)
Ron43

Post by Ron43 »

Steve Johnson wrote:CactiGuide is being hosted through Cactus Mall, and a recent upgrade to their servers caused some weirdness, although the type of "flotsam" you described doesn't seem to be interfering with IE's functionality. With that said, this needs to be corrected regardless of whether people are using IE or Firefox. Best recommendation would be to send an email to Tony Mace with the details on the flotsam you're seeing -- cacti@cactus-mall.com.
Thanks for the help.
graffiti

Post by graffiti »

Does that also explain why I'm having issues from time to time with my browsers wanting to download the index instead of displaying it?
Steve Johnson

Post by Steve Johnson »

graffiti wrote:Does that also explain why I'm having issues from time to time with my browsers wanting to download the index instead of displaying it?
Yep, and when I emailed Tony Mace right after this happened the first time, that's how I found out he was moving CactiGuide to a new server. Would've been nice if the server's admin put up a "placeholder" page informing people of the temporary outage while the back-end work was being done. Instead it was left as a mystery, and one has to wonder about how many people we may have lost as a result.
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
My location: Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10b)
Ron43

Post by Ron43 »

graffiti wrote:Does that also explain why I'm having issues from time to time with my browsers wanting to download the index instead of displaying it?
Yup, I get the same thing some times. Still not working today. I've switched to a different computer and browser temporary in order to log in.
Ron43

Post by Ron43 »

Works great now.
toadstar

Post by toadstar »

I'd been having the same issue no matter what browser I used. Works now. Looks like the forum got reinstalled or something.
ricelg

Post by ricelg »

Yes I had the same problem with multiple browsers but today is the first day in about a week that I can log in.
ricelg

Post by ricelg »

Interestingly, while I can now log in I still can send PMs. Anyone else having this problem? I've sent some emails to support and posted in another thread, but no response on this yet.
SoilSifter

Post by SoilSifter »

I was seeing similar error messages when I tried to log in. I tried different computers and 5 kinds of web browser. I couldn't log in. Since the forum was put on a new system I can log in. :)
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Looks like they updated the Forum software, works fine now. I was able to use Firefox during the problem because I had selected "Log me in automatically..." - the login cookie still worked, but if I tried to log in with another profile I couldn't. I was getting error messages every time I posted, but everything but login still worked. No error messages now, great update.
Spence :mrgreen:
teo

Post by teo »

Seems that cactiguide has got the blues today :-)
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Back on again. It seems anybody who stayed logged on could get on to post, but those of us who use things like C-Cleaner to regularly remove cookies, mainly to get rid of tracking cookies other snooping web sites now insist on putting on, therefore were logged off so could not get back on again to post until now.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Open CCleaner, go to Options > Cookies, you can select cookies to keep.
Spence :mrgreen: