Resnova megaphylla (from Tonteldon or Tonteldoos?)

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Aiko

Resnova megaphylla (from Tonteldon or Tonteldoos?)

Post by Aiko »

I recently purchased two plants of Resnova megaphylla. I already had one, but wanted to have an additional clone to be able to produce seeds of this very nice bulb.

The Resnova megaphylla I already had originates from the "Mpumalanga, Tonteldon area". My recently acquired plants at the ELK in Belgium originates from the "Tonteldoos area". I am sure one of the two localities will be a misspelling, but I don't know which one. Both options sound Afrikaans enough to be possible.

After searching I would think it should be "Tonteldoos area", more search results and I seem to be able to find a Tonteldoos on Google Maps on the border of Limpopo and Mpumalanga (but that does not mean it is conclusive, just supporting).

I would like to see some confirmation from other Resnova megaphylla caretakers with Tonteldon or Tonteldoos as corresponding locality data, and which of the two they have.
Aiko

Re: Resnova megaphylla (from Tonteldon or Tonteldoos?)

Post by Aiko »

No one up here grows this species from the same locality?