Corryocactus pulquinensis vs Corryocactus ayopayanus

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Minime8484

Corryocactus pulquinensis vs Corryocactus ayopayanus

Post by Minime8484 »

For a while now, I've been researching various taxa of Corryocactus to help ID some of the plants in my collection.

I have one plant from Yotala, Bolivia (Dpto. Sucre), which is located sort of equidistant from the known (from what I can tell) localities of both Corryocactus ayopayanus (Dpto. Cochabamba) and Corryocactus pulquinensis (Dpto. Santa Cruz).

For the most part, C. ayopayanus has been lumped into C. pulquinensis (e.g., Anderson); however, some (incl. Loede's new classification) keep them separate.

I really would love to get my hands on the original descriptions to try to figure out how the two differ and see if mine clearly fits with one or the other.

Does anyone have access to the original descriptions by Cardenas that they might share with me?

Any other help in figuring out which Corryocactus might be found around Yotala?

Thanks for any assistance in advance!
phil_SK

Re: Corryocactus pulquinensis vs Corryocactus ayopayanus

Post by phil_SK »

Both original descriptions are in the Cardenas compendium available in the fantastic Cactuspro digital library: http://cactuspro.com/biblio/en:kiesling_dsw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Minime8484

Re: Corryocactus pulquinensis vs Corryocactus ayopayanus

Post by Minime8484 »

Thanks! That helped a lot!