6 new Cylindropuntia and a new Opuntia from Baja

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
peterb

6 new Cylindropuntia and a new Opuntia from Baja

Post by peterb »

The latest issue of Madroño has Jon Rebman's publication of 6 new Cylindropuntia taxa (subspecies and species) and a new Opuntia from Baja California. Great stuff! There's also an article in there by Root Gorelick about growing cacti in Ottawa, Canada. :-)

Peter
Zone 9
A. Dean Stock

Re: 6 new Cylindropuntia and a new Opuntia from Baja

Post by A. Dean Stock »

Thanks Peter, I think my Madrono subscription is still current. Rebman has been busy and I haven't seen these yet.
Dean
Albert Dean Stock,Ph.D.
A. Dean Stock

Post by A. Dean Stock »

Great to see that Jon Rebman has finally published some of the Cylindropuntia research he has been working on for years. Great job. Also, I can now openly refer to my plant of the Baja species Opuntia clarkiorum by name now that it is published. This Opuntia is NOT winter hardy in my area.
Dean
Albert Dean Stock,Ph.D.
peterb

Post by peterb »

Yes, Dean, Jon really did thorough work as always on these publications. Some of the field work took 20 years. I have been using some of the names already because I saw them somewhere, maybe prematurely in Ted Anderson's book, not sure. I'm particularly interested in the island endemic cedrosensis, of course. Another reason to go back to cedros. :-)

peter
Zone 9