WARNING Kosmic Kactus zone

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
7george

Re: WARNING Kosmic Kactus zone

Post by 7george »

KittieKAT wrote:Lol looked in on the garden webs thread davew. Sadly many of the people claiming they would never buy those painted plants, indeed have and i was one of the many to point that they were dyed and had glued flowers on them, pretty funny how they all act like they never did it then would chastise me for telling them they were fake....not a site id ever wanna be a part of again!
Actually I also bought a plant with silicone-glued flower once, cut it off carefully (with some spines) and now it is a perfect blooming all-summer Rebutia fiebrigii. This is because of our canadian reality - for the good shippers is hard to get access to our market because of the cacti-convention, but chains do.

An other side of the same market stupidity is selling of several plants crowded in a common pot, sometimes with no drainage. Plants with different light or other eco needs.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
cactidan

Post by cactidan »

Not quite as bad, but the latest novelty I've seen was sansevieria cylindrica, several plants (I assumed) planted together and plaited. Sorry I couldn't get a pic though.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Yes that seems to be another abuse of plants that attracts some of the public:-

https://tropicalgardener.wordpress.com/ ... ylindrica/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.houseplantsexpert.com/mexica ... -tree.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.stockpicturesforeveryone.com ... plant.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whatever turns you on! :(
Eli

Post by Eli »

DaveW wrote:Nurseries and shops are in business to make money Eli, if it sells more plants they will do it. Most plants the general public buy go into the bin as soon as they get tired of them and are treated more like cut flowers, being of only temporary interest to the recipient. Look where all the bulbs and potted plants sold at Christmas finish up, if they did not mostly get binned there would be no new sales next year for the nursery trade.

People do like gimmicks, otherwise things like new mobile phones or cameras would not sell or be upgraded since the old model really does everything they normally need, plus they probably only use the new functions once to say they have tried them.

Yes, sad but true ... :(