What kind of cactus please

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
CactiNoob89

What kind of cactus please

Post by CactiNoob89 »

Hey new to cacti and wanted to know what kind i picked up. looks like it needed more light in its earlier days so i hope i can keep it going strong. thanks for any help been looking all over on here and so many look like they could be the same kind but not sure myself lol.

Edit: sorry if the picture came up sideways lol on my computer it is normal
Attachments
20140809_150632.jpg
20140809_150632.jpg (36.33 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
iann

Re: What kind of cactus please

Post by iann »

Not yet new to cacti, because that isn't one :lol: It is a Euphorbia. Or three? Not sure of the exact species, but someone will know.
--ian
CactiNoob89

Post by CactiNoob89 »

iann wrote:Not yet new to cacti, because that isn't one :lol: It is a Euphorbia. Or three? Not sure of the exact species, but someone will know.
ah son of a... just kidding. lol was kinda thinking that myself after all the searching for the species. guess im not part of the cacti crew quite yet lol.
cantharis

Post by cantharis »

Euphorbia canariensis is my best guess. No actually a cactus - spiny succulent originating from the Canary Islands.
Earth has enough for man´s need, but not for man´s greed - Gandhi
CactiNoob89

Post by CactiNoob89 »

Thanks for info guys i would also guess it to be Euphorbia canariensis. still pretty sweet hopefully it doesnt bush out and take out the house lol. now i feel i must buy a cactus as well LOL.
cantharis

Post by cantharis »

I had one and it just got so huge I had to pass it on to someone with more space !!!
CactiNoob89

Post by CactiNoob89 »

cantharis wrote:I had one and it just got so huge I had to pass it on to someone with more space !!!
how long did you have it for? that is my concern because i live in colorado so if it gets too big i cant make it outdoor because of our winters
cantharis

Post by cantharis »

Only about 5 years - it was pretty prolific !!! In the Canary islands they grow to be enormous plants.
CactiNoob89

Post by CactiNoob89 »

cantharis wrote:Only about 5 years - it was pretty prolific !!! In the Canary islands they grow to be enormous plants.
oh cool lol im hoping to be moving into a bigger place by then so hopefully ill have some more room for him by then.