Cereus repandus peruvianus

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
sundanz

Cereus repandus peruvianus

Post by sundanz »

My approach to these seedlings might be a bit unorthodox but it worked for me.....so far! In sept 2013 I received some seeds of CRP and I planted them in a pot and low and behold most of them came up. Then it seemed they stopped growing. I misted and generally babied them but the response was lukewarm despite my efforts. 2 month ago I got fed up and threw them outside into my cactus tub. I told them either live or die, but I was not going to baby them any longer! I have had enough! I was sure they would due, considering very very little water ( once in awhile I held the sprinkler hose over everything for about 10 seconds, plus they were now in full sun mist of the day! If you know Texas heat you know what I mean!
Well, guess what?! Tough love does work! They are standing tall at 1 inch ( all 10 of them total) and it doesn't look like they're going anywhere soon!! So proud of them!! Take a look at the pics. I had to put my finger in the picture so you could see them! :-)
Seems like the more you fuss the less they respond!
Karin
image.jpg
image.jpg (58.29 KiB) Viewed 785 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (68.63 KiB) Viewed 785 times
Life's a Cactus in the Great State of Texas!!!