!Birthday haul!

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
TexasPricklyPiglet

Re: !Birthday haul!

Post by TexasPricklyPiglet »

Oh, I'd love to see a picture of it first thing when it opens! I had to google Mark Bolan as I had never hear of him. :lol: =D> Well, I guess we shall be seeing how my flower looks in a little while. I can hardly wait. Also, my T. Setispinus looks like it is going to be giving more flowers to me soon. I'm proud of it. It has put on a wonderful display thus far.
Image Image Image

A young Texan girl in a big cactus world.

<3 Trade with me? <3
Eutow_Intermedium

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

I was being random when putting up Thelocactus Mark Bolan sis :lol: . He was the singer from the band T Rex

R.I.P

Thelocactus Buekii is open now, just got some pics of it. And to cap it all off my own T. Bicolor ( smaller ) has another flower opening up as I type.

Will have o get the pics up ASAP

=^-^=

Eutow_Int*
CactusFanDan

Post by CactusFanDan »

If you're wondering, T. bicolor ssp. bolaensis is actually named after Sierra Bola in Coahuila, Mexico where it occurs naturally. :) The suffix -ensis on the subspecific epithet denotes that the name is derived from a place name.
-Dan
Happy growing!

There is always one more glochid. Somewhere.
My C&S blog
Eutow_Intermedium

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

Yeah don't listen to me :lol:

Dan's the man , I was just having a laugh by adding something random.

As I normaly do.
TexasPricklyPiglet

Post by TexasPricklyPiglet »

Yeah, I've never heard of that band before now. I guess perhaps since I live in the U.S. and wasn't around. Interesting though, I'm always looking for new music to listen.

Wow, thanks for the interesting information Dan. Do you happen to know all of the other naming conventions like the -ensis one?
Image Image Image

A young Texan girl in a big cactus world.

<3 Trade with me? <3