Updated seed lists

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
SCS

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by SCS »

I am surprised nothing has surfaced from Cacti Jordi/Juergen Menzel.
Best regards, Lisa
Shoal Creek Succulents
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

SCS wrote:I am surprised nothing has surfaced from Cacti Jordi/Juergen Menzel.
Jordi's 2016 list was emailed out to customers on Nov 4!

You should contact him directly if you have not received yet.
SCS

Post by SCS »

Thanks Tristan!

I will. Weird, I was on his list last year.... :o
Best regards, Lisa
Shoal Creek Succulents
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

ADBLPS in France has been updated again: http://www.adblps-graines-cactus.com/index_EN.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quite a lot of Haworthia seeds on offer. You don't see that very often. And Yavia cryptocarpa is on the list again too.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Succulenta has now also updated its seed list: http://succulenta.nl/zaadlijst/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also available to non-members, but members have first choice.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Aiko wrote:Succulenta has now also updated its seed list: http://succulenta.nl/zaadlijst/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also available to non-members, but members have first choice.
There is also an excel file available to send in your order. Probably easier for most of you.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Bercht has updated his seed list. Mostly South America species.
See: http://www.bercht-cactus.nl/bl.php?a=index&l=en
meizzwang

Post by meizzwang »

I placed an order with Little Gerardo's Nursery early august of this year. They took about 1.5 months to accept the payment, but they eventually accepted it. It's now December, no package, no communication, nothing.

It says on their website that they take up to 7 weeks to ship, but it's been 3 months since they accepted payment. The first order went through just fine (placed it in early June, got the seeds in August, so I placed another order). No idea why it's taking so long for the second one. I only ordered seeds that showed they were in stock to avoid waiting extra long for them to broker the seeds from other growers.
wetpossum

Post by wetpossum »

I placed an order at Gerardo's at least 6+ months ago, and it finally arrived in Texas today. I had totally written off the order as a learning experience, but I just needed to wait!
SCS

Post by SCS »

wetpossum wrote:I placed an order at Gerardo's at least 6+ months ago, and it finally arrived in Texas today. I had totally written off the order as a learning experience, but I just needed to wait!
I just went to their website and every page shows a big question mark.

I wonder what that means?

What payment method did you use?
Best regards, Lisa
Shoal Creek Succulents
meizzwang

Post by meizzwang »

Regarding Gerardo.cz, My package literally arrived yesterday. My friend was telling me he waited over a year, but his package finally arrived so I guess we didn't get the short end of the stick relatively speaking? I think if they updated their site to say it can take up to a year to receive the orders, people wouldn't be so disappointed and would know what to expect. I was expecting 7 weeks.

SCS:their website is probably "down for the winter" Check back in the spring.
SCS

Post by SCS »

Thanks for the update. Assuming Paypal is an accepted payment method; one can only receive a refund up to 180 days after the initial transaction (same for most credit cards, I believe). A lot can happen in a year..... I would not risk it. Glad you received your package....Christmas after all!
Best regards, Lisa
Shoal Creek Succulents
meizzwang

Post by meizzwang »

SCS:they accept paypal, but you definitely need to keep an eye on your bank/paypal balance because there's no knowing when they'll accept payment (the transaction stays in limbo until they accept your payment). You might have funds ready the day you order, but if you forget and then they accept payment say a month later when you aren't paying attention and have depleted funds in your account, you can get hit with an insufficient funds fee from the bank.

From a customer perspective, ordering from Gerardo.cz requires:
1) absolute patience and confidence the seller will send you the product....eventually :) The longer it takes, the harder it is to believe your order will eventually come through.
2) being sure you have sufficient funds in your account until they accept your payment (assuming you use paypal). They have other forms of payment, but I don't know the details of how they work.

For me, while it was frustrating, the trouble and incredible wait was worth it ( I've been through much worse). They have some unique genetics that you can't obtain elsewhere. I lucked out and got one seedling of A. myriostigma El Naranjito that is solid snow white, much like some onzunka hybrids. There was only one individual in the entire batch that was solid white, and no two seedlings look alike. They may have been wild collected or produced from a large population of plants in cultivation. Not all of their Astrophytum myriostigma variants were genetically diverse, but this one packet made the whole order worth it for me.
SCS

Post by SCS »

Ah. Makes sense why it was worth the wait. :D :D
Best regards, Lisa
Shoal Creek Succulents
mdpillet

Post by mdpillet »

Does anyone know how long order confirmations from Succulenta take?