Updated seed lists

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Aiko

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by Aiko »

The seed list of Ludwig Bercht has been updated: www.bercht-cactus.nl/bl.php?a=index&l=en.
Main focus of this seed list is on South American cacti.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

And also ADBLPS has updated the seed list. Relatively a lot of bulbs in the succulent section, I noticed. Unfortunately this year no Yavia cryptocarpa, as the previous two years.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

The extensive and cheap seed list of Succulenta has been updated a few days ago. First link is a PDF file with the entire list and order instructions. Second link is the excel you can use to fill out and order. The page is in Dutch, but I am sure an automatic translator can help out.

Both members and non-members can order. But members take preference.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Mesa Garden has been updated today. Happy to see Pseudolithos cubiformis back on the list! Prices for seeds and postage has gone up quite a bit, though...
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

How many seeds usually come in a packet? 50? Or 20? I never really understood what they meant by packet size, since usually i have to get larger anounts to make up for mistakes when the children sow the seeds Aswell as myself and the inevitable. And if and when i do get spare money to get seeds id like to know soo i kno how much i should save up for, since donations have been outta the question for quite sometime. But i figure even if there's left over seeds trading always works out to an extent aswell :)
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

KittieKAT wrote:How many seeds usually come in a packet? 50? Or 20? I never really understood what they meant by packet size, since usually i have to get larger anounts to make up for mistakes when the children sow the seeds Aswell as myself and the inevitable. And if and when i do get spare money to get seeds id like to know soo i kno how much i should save up for, since donations have been outta the question for quite sometime. But i figure even if there's left over seeds trading always works out to an extent aswell :)
For Mesa Garden? If so, it explains the number of seeds per packet and what any symbols mean on the Home Page under "Seeds and Collection Numbers".
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Usually 25 to 30 seeds. Except where * is mentioned, then it will be 10, + for 5 seeds, I believe X for 3 seeds.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Errrr, guess I'll have to wait till i can afford the 100's packs then
Thanx aiko
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

The seed list of Piltz in Germany has been updated. It lists an interesting oddity for some; Dinteropsis seeds.
Last edited by Aiko on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

U ain't kidding about the shipping charges that's crazy!
See a lot of things id like to get for myself and for the kids but i hate everything being inn euros I'm horrible with math and that's really important when u don't have much money to spend lol
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

KittieKAT wrote:U ain't kidding about the shipping charges that's crazy!
See a lot of things id like to get for myself and for the kids but i hate everything being inn euros I'm horrible with math and that's really important when u don't have much money to spend lol
Yes, sometimes the postal charges can be a bit too excessive. I am used to send a lot of seeds around the world for little over one euro. Okay, I reuse envelopes. I would not do that if I would run a commercial seed distributor. And I can understand you want to make sure the seeds will make it uncrushed at all times. I wrap seeds up well in tissue or bubble wrap. But if an angry postal worker prefers to stamp on my envelop, seeds will get crushed anyway. With a cardboard box this is less likely. However, it will take a way a few customers that feel the postal charge is too high compared to the seeds they want to order to actually make that order.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Page before this one: I kno i can never order turbs anywhere! Cause I'm in us

I kno aiko i understand but still im sure they could do a thinner packaged box
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

KittieKAT wrote:Page before this one: I kno i can never order turbs anywhere! Cause I'm in us
Are you talking about plants or seeds?

Are you sure you can't order because you are in the United States? Most seed sellers don't really mind where you live. The risk of customs confiscation is for you. And I wonder if customs really spend their time to envelopes with seeds.

If you can wait until spring, I should have fresh seeds of Turbinicarpus valdezianus var. valdezianus and Turbinicarpus valdezianus var. albiflorus again.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Both, but I'm more interested in TURB. lilinkedudus or klinkerianus or Schwarzii or polaskii or jauernigii or nigrita or rioverdensis ssp. paoli or roseiflorus albiflorus ..etc..etc...ones like those i like more of the gray almost bluish purple lumpy flat mound types with crazy spines :) but good to kno about yr seeds. If u have a site that doesn't say (shipping to EU countries only) under the turb plant and seed section of any of these plants that i can order useing paypal. (No faxing/mailing in or printing forms) from a trusted site id like to kno it!
I literally had to beg to get the turb. Jauernigii i have right now from a friend
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Just check the Czech seed sellers a few pages back. Most were updated in last November. They have the Turbinicarpus jauernigii seeds for a low price, take paypal, and ship anywhere in the world. Problem solved.