Updated seed lists

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Minime8484

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by Minime8484 »

Astro wrote:
Minime8484 wrote:Anyone get seeds from Succulenta this year that weren't members?
Lots later than last year, but am still hoping there were some left for lil ol' me! :)
I got mine a week or two ago.
Great! Do you remember when you sent your order in?
I sent mine over on Dec 6, 2016. Hopefully, I will hear from them before long!
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Probably best to just send a message. Email message you can find at http://succulenta.nl/zaadlijst/
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

Sent an email a couple days ago...hopefully, he at least responds so I know whether or not he ever received my order.
Astro

Post by Astro »

Minime8484 wrote: Great! Do you remember when you sent your order in?
Early January iirc.
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

Astro wrote:
Minime8484 wrote: Great! Do you remember when you sent your order in?
Early January iirc.
Ugh. That's not a good sign for my order.
Astro

Post by Astro »

Still no word from Mesa Garden except for a confirmation of 'order received' two months ago, and I ordered on day one. That's 4 months and counting...
mdpillet

Post by mdpillet »

Astro wrote:Still no word from Mesa Garden except for a confirmation of 'order received' two months ago, and I ordered on day one. That's 4 months and counting...
Have you called or sent them a Facebook message? Did you order any mesembs?
benp

Post by benp »

mdpillet wrote:
Astro wrote:Still no word from Mesa Garden except for a confirmation of 'order received' two months ago, and I ordered on day one. That's 4 months and counting...
Mesa Garden was recently sold and repurchased. I'm pretty sure the new owners (2 people) are the only people pulling orders at this time, as they pretty much told me that in their confirmation email. Not only do they have to reorganize those greenhouses or at least re-catalogue them so they know where everything is (a problem specific to Mesa), but they probably also have day jobs and moving responsibilities that come with recently starting/purchasing a physically constrained home business. I'd cut them 2-3 more months of slack before I get worried imho...

You can always email them though. I put my order in on Apr 10 with plants, and I emailed Aaron at the end of April to add something to my order and he responded very quickly and gave me an update on my order progress.
mdpillet

Post by mdpillet »

benp wrote:
mdpillet wrote:
Mesa Garden was recently sold and repurchased. I'm pretty sure the new owners (2 people) are the only people pulling orders at this time, as they pretty much told me that in their confirmation email. Not only do they have to reorganize those greenhouses or at least re-catalogue them so they know where everything is (a problem specific to Mesa), but they probably also have day jobs and moving responsibilities that come with recently starting/purchasing a physically constrained home business. I'd cut them 2-3 more months of slack before I get worried imho...

You can always email them though. I put my order in on Apr 10 with plants, and I emailed Aaron at the end of April to add something to my order and he responded very quickly and gave me an update on my order progress.
I agree about cutting them some slack. But I also ordered the first day and got my seeds months ago.
Astro

Post by Astro »

I know there's new ownership and they're overwhelmed, which is why I'm okay with a somewhat slower response. I also don't want to ping them needlessly, but it sounds like I should send an email regardless. My order is mostly mesembs.
mdpillet

Post by mdpillet »

Astro wrote:I know there's new ownership and they're overwhelmed, which is why I'm okay with a somewhat slower response. I also don't want to ping them needlessly, but it sounds like I should send an email regardless. My order is mostly mesembs.
They put people who ordered mesembs in a separate queue because of the large quantity of orders for them from Asia. That probably has something to do with it.
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

It had been over a month since I heard from them after they had confirmed receipt of my email order stating they would get to it in the order received, so I send a follow-up email this weekend (a friend sent in an order after mine, but got his order last week) and got an auto-reply that they are out for the remainder of May.

If they have separate queues for seed orders vs plant orders vs seed & plant orders vs specific kinds of plants (like Mesembs), it would certainly behoove them to make their customers aware of that ahead of time.

Hoping to hear something in early June.
Astro

Post by Astro »

Got my order last week (Lithops only). I received most of what I ordered but most of the 'choicer' species seem to be sold out. Fortunately I got a good number of those over the last few years, before Asia sales went insane.
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

Still no word on my order....
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

And here we start the seed season again!

First update: Kaktusy Nechvil at http://kaktusynechvil.wz.cz/home.html (don't let the date on top of the page fool you, it really is updated as of today (just click on the Czech language button to see it correctly changed on the Czech page)).