Updated seed lists

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Aiko

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by Aiko »

Another Czech seed seller updating a list: www.cact.cz
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Also Cactus Hobby Brno has been updated: http://cactus-hobby.eu/index.html
Ksenija87

Post by Ksenija87 »

Thanks Aiko for uploading the list. I'd like to buy some Ariocarpus seeds. Till now, I bought them from kakteen.cz, but they told that this year they're not selling seeds (which is funny). Do have ever bought A. seeds from Nechvil? If yes, was it a good purchase in terms of germination, quality of the seedlings etc?

My bests,

Francesca
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

Nechvil lacked terms and conditions of sale, and its prices are kinda high, If you want to risk it, go right ahead.
Just make sure there arent any hidden expenses.
Ksenija87

Post by Ksenija87 »

I checked one hour ago, I was struck by the terms... Like you have to buy at least for an amount of 50?, whoa. I'm not willing to do such purchase! My average expense is around 20-25?.
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

Listen, there was this one on e-bay from Italy - samu.babyplant.
Most of his seeds germinated-but i cant confirm that theyre what i was looking for- i kinda forgot to label them, and the seedlings are too small to ID.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Ksenija87 wrote:Do have ever bought A. seeds from Nechvil? If yes, was it a good purchase in terms of germination, quality of the seedlings etc?
Service is good, rather quick really. But chances are some are already sold out. Prices are high, but he offers interesting species and of of them sell out fast I am sure. I have good experience with this seller in the two times I have ordered there.
stefan m. wrote:Nechvil lacked terms and conditions of sale, and its prices are kinda high, If you want to risk it, go right ahead.
Just make sure there arent any hidden expenses.
You are too negative. There are no hidden expense (although postal costs is something you want to keep in mind). Usually it is close to 6 to 8 euros if they send it in a box.
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

Aiko youve already tricked me with bercht cactus. I now consider you untrustworthy because of that.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

stefan m. wrote:Aiko youve already tricked me with bercht cactus. I now consider you untrustworthy because of that.
?
Ksenija87

Post by Ksenija87 »

Aiko, I've eventually decided for SuccSeeds, which I saw you also recommended. I'm started last year growing cacti from seeds, so I think that for now this purchaser it's fine. I also wanted to buy Tavaresia angolensis, but I couldn't find the seeds anywhere, at least not at SuccSeeds. Got any idea?

My bests,

Francesca
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

Ksenija87 wrote:Aiko, I've eventually decided for SuccSeeds, which I saw you also recommended. I'm started last year growing cacti from seeds, so I think that for now this purchaser it's fine. I also wanted to buy Tavaresia angolensis, but I couldn't find the seeds anywhere, at least not at SuccSeeds. Got any idea?

My bests,

Francesca
Yes they are very good!
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
Ksenija87

Post by Ksenija87 »

Thanks Elieestephane! ;)
jfabiao

Post by jfabiao »

elieestephane wrote:
Ksenija87 wrote:Aiko, I've eventually decided for SuccSeeds, which I saw you also recommended. I'm started last year growing cacti from seeds, so I think that for now this purchaser it's fine. I also wanted to buy Tavaresia angolensis, but I couldn't find the seeds anywhere, at least not at SuccSeeds. Got any idea?

My bests,

Francesca
Yes they are very good!
I second this. I've tried seed from multiple sources, multiple times and their seed has given me consistently the best germination. Couple that with a superb service and you have a winner. Not the cheapest, but the excellent results you get offset this considerably.
Z, in (mostly) sunny Lisbon.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Cactus Succulent Literature has been updated: http://www.cactus-succulent.com/

Don't have experience ordering here, though. But some interesting species, like Euphorbia gymnocalycioides and Tylecodon leucothrix.
Ksenija87 wrote:Aiko, I've eventually decided for SuccSeeds, which I saw you also recommended.
Are you sure? I have never ordered from SuccSeeds, so I can't imagine I would recommend it (probably only made an announcement it was updated).
Ksenija87

Post by Ksenija87 »

jfabiao: thanks for you feedback, I also got the feeling they're a serious online shop. Do they send you an email when they ship?
Aiko: sorry!!!! I saw it in one of your announcements. Yep, they have nice stuff.