Can't post photos on the forum

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Steve Johnson

Can't post photos on the forum

Post by Steve Johnson »

I was about to post a question on the Cultivation forum regarding the Tephros in my collection. Wanted to attach a few photos for "diagnosis", and here's what just happened:

If you click on it, you'll see the full-size screenshot. This is coming from SkyDrive. Members who rely on file attachments going from their computers to the forum interface are being left out in the cold right now. Not that it's a constant problem, because it certainly isn't. These thing are bound to happen from time to time, and I can't thank Daiv enough for the dedication and great work he puts in to maintain CactiGuide. With that said, I'd just like to give y'all the heads up to let you know about the options for keeping your image files on "the cloud". Photobucket is one option, but maybe not the best. I highly recommend SkyDrive, and it's a free service that gives you access to 7 GB of storage on Windows Live. If people are interested in this, I'll be happy to show you the ropes.

Cheers!
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
My location: Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10b)
daiv
Site Admin

Re: Can't post photos on the forum

Post by daiv »

Should be able to upload images now
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
keithp2012

Post by keithp2012 »

im having the same issue
7george

Post by 7george »

M. plumosa

I can recommend you the website postimage.org - upload single or multiply images up to 5 MB, having an account or not. Thumbnails or full view.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
Pushrestart

Post by Pushrestart »

Having the same issue, posted my photos elsewhere.... Flickr is good too!
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

If the image is on your computer why can't you just post it directly from that?

http://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewtop ... =2&t=25028" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pushrestart

Post by Pushrestart »

Dave, I tried that, and its not working this message comes up repeatedly.
"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."
jp29

Post by jp29 »

If you store your images on a remote server there is no problem -- you simply include URL(s) that point to them in your posts. I use my own server to store all of my images.

James
James
My cactus cultivation pages:
https://jp29.org/cactuscult.htm Image
Steve Johnson

Post by Steve Johnson »

Wow, my original post really takes me back. Going from SkyDrive to OneDrive, Windows Live was a great free service before Microsoft decided to ditch static image URLs. Flickr is excellent, although not the only free service hosting static images. For new members who've been having trouble posting pics as file attachments on the forum, sorry about that -- but you'll be better off using Flickr, Photobucket, etc. anyway.
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
graffiti

Post by graffiti »

I said in another post, Imgur is a good lightweight place to upload and post photos. No need to sign up, but you can if you want to be able to manage your photos.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Seems as though the board has now exceeded it's quota of directly posted images for the year then and will not accept any more directly posted images since I also got the "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached" message when I tried. It requires the Mods or Admin to sort it out.

Maybe we need a limit on the number of directly posted images per person per post, or per day, as some boards do so as not to exceed the board quota in future?
Steve Johnson

Post by Steve Johnson »

DaveW wrote:Maybe we need a limit on the number of directly posted images per person per post, or per day, as some boards do so as not to exceed the board quota in future?
Good idea, although that's up to the admin. I believe it's still Daiv Freeman, so I'll email him and bring up the issue in case nobody else has done so already.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

P1120014.JPG
P1120014.JPG (131.21 KiB) Viewed 1774 times
Just uploaded this from my files with no problem at all. Are you all re-sizing the originals?

Tiggy
Nature Lover
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiggy/267725810010423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/89973039@ ... 383469537/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

May be someone has just rectified the problem.

Susi
Nature Lover
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiggy/267725810010423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/89973039@ ... 383469537/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
K.W.

Post by K.W. »

No problem with photos!
90528.JPG
90528.JPG (95.42 KiB) Viewed 1770 times

Do the guys have not paid their forum membership fee? :)

Best wishes

K.W.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.