Good places to get Cactus

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.

Moderators: ElieEstephane, DaveW

Brontosaurus

Re: Good places to get Cactus

Post by Brontosaurus » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:21 pm

Has anyone got cacti through Waterwise Botanicals (https://www.waterwisebotanicals.com/)? I would be interested to hear about your experience with them.

kuni1234567

Post by kuni1234567 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:09 am

There are many succulent nurseries located in Southern California. but there are only a few retail outlets other than the big box stores. I remember buying succulents at many specialty succulent stores and there are only a few left. I began to buy plants on eBay because it saves time and effort. I really do not like to drive hundreds of miles in order to buy plants and would rather buy them online. I visit nurseries and many of them will not sell specimen plants and would rather buy what is available.

bestazy

Post by bestazy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Hi all ! I'm new here.
Want to add the Huntington Botanical Gardens ISI list.

They can be pricey at times but it's for a very good cause and the plants they offer are unique and very rarely offered by big box stores. Everything they sell is vigorous, relative to its genus, and has been documented thoroughly for location of collection or nursery/collector of origination.

Some of my most prized agave and cacti species are from their lists.

jorden2003

Post by jorden2003 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:30 am

Miles 2 go is a good source for quality plants