Opuntia cacanapa(?)

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
MJPapay

Re: Opuntia cacanapa(?)

Post by MJPapay »

hoteidoc - I can easily get you O. ellisiana as a local nursery "Big Bloomers" carries them. If you meant, or also wish, to have a pad of the Opuntia I now call x-ficus-indica, then yes, I have extra pads laying about of it as a matter of fact. It is not totally aglochidate, but is almost without spines. Let me know.
hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

MJ - Whichever you had pictured in your Dec. 18 post. I thought you were calling it ellisiana & talking @ it's cold-hardiness (although with nice pic of snow storm). If it has since become X ficus-indicus to you, that's fine. Whatever the "Beast"(Opuntia) above the snow pic & that's what you have "laying around", I'm interested.
Thanks. And I think I mentioned previously, I have some seedlings (going since Jan.5) you might be interested in, esp. Ecinocac. texensis, if you don't have & are interested.
Peter
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
MJPapay

Post by MJPapay »

Thanks for the clarification. That is O. ellisiana. A very nice aglochidate, upright, cold hardy, and attractive plant.
mjazz

Post by mjazz »

I planted two outside and they didn't make it through the winter.
One survived on a very cold porch though.