Most of my collection

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Chemical Addiction

Most of my collection

Post by Chemical Addiction »

I got these from a local grower (he also ships cacti out) named Miles Anderson. I came in with a list a couple of time and he I.D.ed them but told me a few were categorized under a different genus now
1)Ariocarpus fissuratus ssp fissuratus 2)Astrophytum Asterias 3)Astrophytum capricorne v. niveum 4)Astrophytum myriostigma 5)Aztikium ritteri 6)Ariocarpus agavoides 7)Coryphantha elephantidens 8)Coryphantha macromeris 9)Coryphantha macromeris spp runyonii 10)Dolichothele longimamma 11)Dolichothele zephyranthoides 12)Echinocereus salm-dychianus 13)Echinocreus triglochidiatus 14)Epithalantha micromeris 15)Leuchtenbergia principis 16)Mamillopsis Senilis 17)Matucana madisoniorum 18)Strombocactus disciformis 19)Solisia pectinata 20)Obriegonia denegrii 21)Turbinicarpus pseudomacrochele 22)Turbinicarpus pseudopectinatus
Image Image
This isn't from miles its a Ariocarpus retusus
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Swell! Miles is a super nice guy and does an amazing job with his plants.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Chemical Addiction

Post by Chemical Addiction »

daiv wrote:Swell! Miles is a super nice guy and does an amazing job with his plants.
agreed i always like going out there he knows a lot and has no problem answering questions he's almost solely responsible for my cacti collection i have a lot of trichocereus that i got elsewhere but the variety comes from him those field collected fissuratus's are my favorite
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

you sure didn't start with the easiest cacti! they look nice and healthy though
With apologies to the late Professor C. D. Darlington the following misquotation springs to
mind ‘cactus taxonomy is the pursuit of the impossible by the incompetent’ - Fearn & Pearcy, Rebutia (1981)
KittieKAT

Re: Most of my collection

Post by KittieKAT »

Aww for some reason the pix don't pop up :-(
teo

Post by teo »

Think there was a crash of the site a few years ago where some pictures were lost and since this post is from 2011 I guess these were among them.
Steve Johnson

Post by Steve Johnson »

teo wrote:Think there was a crash of the site a few years ago where some pictures were lost and since this post is from 2011 I guess these were among them.
That's exactly what happened (sometime in 2012 I believe), and thousands of image files attached through the forum interface disappeared because they weren't backed up.
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
My location: Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10b)