lophophora williamsii

All posts relating to the CactiGuide.com Big Picture Project
gehcole

lophophora williamsii

Post by gehcole »

They have been flowering on and of for the last three months.
IMG_0592 (Small).JPG
IMG_0592 (Small).JPG (98.62 KiB) Viewed 10024 times
adetheproducer

Re: lophophora williamsii

Post by adetheproducer »

Stunning loph very big, they are very regular flowing they are great.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
Mark

Post by Mark »

Lovely, great plant!

Mark
gehcole

Post by gehcole »

About 5 inches. It came from the mountains behind San Juan Del Rio, Queretaro, México. I guess I got it around 1979. The smaller one down to the left is a fledgling of the same plant. Unfortunately I have not been able to collect seeds.
Dries

Post by Dries »

Are you sure it's a Lophophora williamsii?
Isn't L. williamsii supposed to be self-pollinating? I get lots of seeds from mine every time it flowers and he's only 7-8 years old..
The flower petals also look very white and quite pointy, like those from L. koehresii..
Brunãozinho

Post by Brunãozinho »

A quite good looking plant, yes it should self polinate if it's a L. williamsii.
Bruno
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

I can't wait for mine to come to ad to my collection i just love the way they look, i really want a loph, decipiens someday soon, but unable to find one for my area :( i hate people who ruin stuff for everyone else..
(Excuse the spelling hate my phone keeps changing the spelling!)
7george

Post by 7george »

These are among my favourites.
I have heard that Lophophora plants are forbidden for keeping in collections in some states, is that true?

Some of mine in bloom:
L. williamsii v. texensis.

L. williamsii v. decipiens.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yes they are, I'm lucky to have one L.Williamsii but I'm counting on people being novice to what it is, and the people who kno what it is to not wanna get me in trouble since I'm only enjoying it as a plant not for recreational uses.
I know have a L. Jourdania or how ever its spelled but i prob won't get all the ones i dream of owning. I'mgrowing some L. Disipiens at the moment sooo we'll see how it goes and ig those go well this spring I'll do a bunch of other types i have in seeds.
Attachments
The best professional looking pic i can get of this its too dark where i am to see it without my black curtain as a drop
The best professional looking pic i can get of this its too dark where i am to see it without my black curtain as a drop
$_3-1-1.jpg (54.79 KiB) Viewed 9662 times
Last edited by KittieKAT on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Love the L. Texanas that's on my list aswell!
Onzuka

Post by Onzuka »

KittieKAT wrote:Yes they are, I'm lucky to have one L.Williamsii but I'm counting on people being novice to what it is, and the people who kno what it is to not wanna get me in trouble since I'm only enjoying it as a plant not for recreational uses.
I know have a L. Jourdania or how ever its spelled but i prob won't get all the ones i dream of owning. I'mgrowing some L. Disipiens at the moment sooo we'll see how it goes and ig those go well this spring I'll do a bunch of other types i have in seeds.
So how come your housemate did not kill this magnificent specimen?

Steve
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Lol she killed my first L. Williamsii and I wont even get into what she did during the move and after the move, let's just say what plants I have are attempting to recover. ...
The L. Jourdania is wrapped up in a paper towel currently inside a box out of soil because she did knock it over, a few roots were knocked off, but it should hopefully be fine. She did kill my whole sow tray of L. Decipiens I was growing ...ahrg! She dropped the tray outside while moving then tried to slip all the soil back into the container like I wouldn't notice and when we got done unloading the car I noticed it and she said she didn't kno it was anything but dirt...ahrg as if I keep containers full of plain soil under grow lights. .. soooo, got to start over again - I feel like I keep having to start over and over again and again of recently :( I'm hoping once the sun comes up and spring/sumer hits I won't have so many set backs with my collection and the ones the kids in my program will have. My fingers are crossed but if what she did today is a glimpse into the future if plant kind for me here.... I don't kno if it will end without out me KILLING HER!!! LOL!
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

And I wouldn't call it a magnificent specimen, it looks a lot smaller in person but it is pretty to look at, when it's not wrapped up in layers of paper towels lol