Loph's Growlist

This forum is reserved for you to post a list of what you grow and/or what you want to trade -no discussion posts please
Loph

Post by Loph »

thanks a lot! i really appreciate it! if you were not in Australia we could trade :)
Stephen Robert Irwin: 22 February 1962 – 4 September 2006. Rest In Peace.
Lewis_cacti

Post by Lewis_cacti »

:( curse quarantine regulations :evil:
I'd love to man. dunno what id have that you'd be interested in though. :? my growlist is under yours in this topic. you obviously like the unusual, how about a finger-eating coryphantha elephantidens? :lol:
(if you havent seen this thread already:)

http://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewtop ... c&start=15

p.s, where abouts are you in south east asia?
Loph

Post by Loph »

yes, Australis is impossible to deal with plants. I gave up shipping things last year cause EVERYTHING plant related was destroyed :( even pollen.

I am in Taiwan, for now....i will be moving to canada once we save up a lot of cash :)
Lewis_cacti

Post by Lewis_cacti »

yeah, our quarantine restrictions are quite extreme. :( may i ask what the pollen was for?

moving to Canada? that will be a very different climate for cacti-growing no doubt. perhaps just a little bit cooler (any canadians reading this can gladly correct me), well rest assured i dont think canada experiences typhoons on a regular basis. :lol: :wink:
Loph

Post by Loph »

ya no typhoons, but cold wet winters. i am from there, and i had to dump all my plants when i moved here....but when i go back i am bringing them all back...somehow.

the pollen was for Stevia and various cacti pollen attempts. none went through. seeds, nope. plants, expensive nope.
buck tumbleweed

any

Post by buck tumbleweed »

Hello loph,
I see you have some nice lopho varieties available to trade or purchase but I dont know do you think you could match the price and quality of my good friend (kadakuda)as far as I'm concerned he is top of the line,in fact he just hooked me up with some cactus seed the other day and out of about 300 seed I have around 280 seedlings ,I lost 2 one had mold on it and the other looked ok just was very soft and trasparent when I touched it it popped anyways I was given a brilliant idea by kada to cover ground with sand so to prevent mold and so far things have been great ,so if you could match kadakuda I would work with you this time but I intend to be a repeat customer with kadakuda as he not only sells a very good product he is great about follow up info if one needs any help. maybe you know this guy he seems to have a great attitude whenit come to helping others.
Well gotta go ,by the way seedlings are fattening up very nicely and the tip about the sand is working great .thank Kada,Patrick
Lewis_cacti

Post by Lewis_cacti »

hey Buck....if im not mistaken kada IS loph. :)
i discovered your site a while ago loph... its great. i had no idea.. this pic have it away:

http://kadasgarden.tripod.com/images/T. ... iegata.jpg
i KNEW i'd seen that variegate somewhere before :lol:

....and the 3 ribbed myriostigma... and the aztekium.. and the 'lemon-lime' mytr.. and the copiapoa hypogea... and the A. asterias 'hanazono' crest....and the l. williamsii crest.. hey wait a second...
then i realised your both in Thailand... then i made the connection..... im a bit slow. :oops: :lol:
kada.. looking at your site and your great plants... i really wish i could be able to trade with ya.

and then i found this...... :shock: :shock: WOW:
http://kadasgarden.tripod.com/images/L. ... ested2.jpg
now THAT is cool. :D :D
Cactinsane

Re: Loph's Growlist

Post by Cactinsane »

:o Aztekium ritteri
Sooooo Lucky!!! :oops: