Looking for Cacti Hardy to Zone 5

This forum is reserved for you to post a list of what you grow and/or what you want to trade -no discussion posts please
Samee

Looking for Cacti Hardy to Zone 5

Post by Samee »

Hi everyone, this is the only forum/site where Ive been able to post a buying topic. Im new to the hobby and dont have anything to trade. So I wanted to ask if anyone has cacti hardy to zone 5. I have a few semps I got last year and they have been growing great. I would love to increase my tiny collection of winter hardy plants for my zone. Does anyone have anything they can sell? Clippings?
hoteidoc

Re: Looking for Cacti Hardy to Zone 5

Post by hoteidoc »

Welcome Samee. You're going to have to wait @ least 6 months for me, cuz i've just started (& still starting) @ 40 sp/ssp of CH's, many Z 5's, mostly cacti, but some Agave's & 5 spp. of Lewisia. Might have a few that will be coming out of baggies or that over-Wintered on porch & hope to get in ground in May. Keep in touch & we'll see where we are in mid-May.
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
Samee

Re: Looking for Cacti Hardy to Zone 5

Post by Samee »

hoteidoc wrote:Welcome Samee. You're going to have to wait @ least 6 months for me, cuz i've just started (& still starting) @ 40 sp/ssp of CH's, many Z 5's, mostly cacti, but some Agave's & 5 spp. of Lewisia. Might have a few that will be coming out of baggies or that over-Wintered on porch & hope to get in ground in May. Keep in touch & we'll see where we are in mid-May.
Sure thing, thanks. I would like to get my new plants all settled so they can root in during the summer and not have to worry for the winter. I will msg you mid may, cant wait.