Wanting to grow something unique

This forum is reserved for you to post a list of what you grow and/or what you want to trade -no discussion posts please
ekmw

Wanting to grow something unique

Post by ekmw »

Hey, everyone.
I was hoping that everyone would leave a reply with suggestions on unique cacti / succulents to grow.
Reply should include name and a picture, please.

Thank you, everyone!
"Be just & fear not."
majcka

Re: Wanting to grow something unique

Post by majcka »

Here is the link:

http://cactiguide.com/mastersearch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

to cacti. If you mark extremly rare or rare and then search you will find cacti that are rare in cultivation. That can be a start.
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

CactusFanDan

Post by CactusFanDan »

majcka wrote:Here is the link:

http://cactiguide.com/mastersearch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

to cacti. If you mark extremly rare or rare and then search you will find cacti that are rare in cultivation. That can be a start.
Not necessarily the best place to start. :lol: You'd be lucky to find any seeds or plants of a number of these species.
Cacti and succulents are quite unique as it is. :P You could collect variegated cacti or cristate cacti. :P It depends on what you like. I like plants with colourful bodies, like Cipocereus, Copiapoa, Eriosyce, Rhytidocaulon, and many more. :) If you have a think about what you like and then come back with some ideas we can give you more guidance. For example, if you like plants which attract flies, then we can suggest Stapeliads to you. :lol:
-Dan
Happy growing!

There is always one more glochid. Somewhere.
My C&S blog
ekmw

Post by ekmw »

I like flowering cacti.
I also wouldn't mind growing some succulents, but I'm not very knowledgeable on the different kinds.
"Be just & fear not."
cefalophone

Post by cefalophone »

The echinopsis hybrids all have some beautiful flowers and are rather easy to take care of.
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

another great type that while are fairly common but really easy to care for and will reward you with flowers is Mammillaria. You can however find some unusual ones of those as well.
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.