Chamomile tea Fungicide for seedlings?

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
Shmuel

Chamomile tea Fungicide for seedlings?

Post by Shmuel »

This showed up on the Pacific Bulb Society list originally from the Amaryllis Study Group. I would love to hear if anyone has experience with this kind of thing on cactus seedlings...

2C formula - antifungal liquid for irrigating seeds for sprouting instead of water.
Use a drip coffee maker like a basic(simple type Mr. Coffee not a fancy with lots of extra features).Do not put tea or herbs in coffee grounds holder, Put 2 teabags of chamomile tea (flowers only and no her mixes with your chamomile) and one teabag of ordinary tea into the tea pot that will receive the hot water.Start the brewing switch. {Add 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon to pot now to make 3C.}When the hot water has flowed into the pot, turn off the machine and let the teabags soak until the water cools to room temperature.Squeeze the teabags back into the pot of 2C and split equal amounts into 2 clean plastic 2 liter soda bottles.Fill bottles to neck with distilled water and cap.

All the best,
Shmuel
Jerusalem, Israel
Amazing plants, amazing form, amazing flowers...
Amazing cacti!
williamsii823

Re: Chamomile tea Fungicide for seedlings?

Post by williamsii823 »

I've heard of using cinnamon & water, made into a tea, then cooled, for fungicide. But, not with chamomile. Chamomile couldn't hurt, I don't think.
Shmuel

Re: Chamomile tea Fungicide for seedlings?

Post by Shmuel »

Thanks, Williams,
I wonder if it works?
Amazing plants, amazing form, amazing flowers...
Amazing cacti!