seeds have arrived

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
Angus

seeds have arrived

Post by Angus »

Here is my seed list for 2013. Not too much because I'm already having trouble managing my current collection (due to circumstances).

ARIOCARPUS
agavoides RS 602 Tula Tamp.
agavoides RS 1308 Lucio Vasquez
fissuratus MZ 127 Cuatro Cienegas
fissuratus PP 353 Cuatro Cienegas
fissuratus RS 581 El Hundido
fissuratus SB 403 Crocketto Co. Tx
fissuratus v.hintonii PP 352 El Herrero Mat
fissuratus v.hintonii X retusus natur hybrid !
fissuratus v.hintonii RS 279 Palmas SLP
fissuratus v.intermedius SB 503 Sierra Paila
lloydii L 792a Bahio de Ahuila Coa
lloydii RS 392 Parras de la Fuente Coah
retusus ssp.scaphrarostroides KMR 015
retusus v.scaphrarostroides PP 232 Vila Juarez NL
scaphrarostrus MZ 092 Rayones NL

ENCEPHALOCARPUS
strobiliformis MM 83 Estancion Vanegas SLP

EPITHELANTHA
bokei RS 522 Plan de Ayala Coa
gregii RS 595 Los Colorados
gregii SB 358 El Pilar
micromeris HK 75
micromeris HK 168 Chihuahua Mx
micromeris JM 101 Sitting Bull Canyon NM
micromeris L 737 Cinco de Mayo Coa 2200 m
micromeris SB 125 Arteaga - velmi ploché
micromeris SB 1327 NM

GEOHINTONIA
mexicana RS 515 La Poza NL

ISLAYA
brevicylindrica KK 537
chalaensis KK 349
islayensis KK 1161
krainziana KK 1078
maritima v.aticensis KK 594 Atico Peru
minor KK 1079 Molendo

LOBIVIA
famatimensis v.boniae ROS 123.1 W Ciambala

I'm trying to grow some Ariocarpus every year, to eventually have specimens of all ages from seedling upwards. I'm mostly into fissuratus.

I currently have only a few Epithelantha, but I adore the little things, so it's time to sow some.
Günther.
For those about to grow succulents, we salute you!
Pilif

Re: seeds have arrived

Post by Pilif »

from cactus-hobby.eu?
I recognize some of those species :wink: , still waiting for my order, should arrive any day now.
Filip
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Interesting list! Pretty similar to my list, actually. I'd like to see the seedlings if possible! :D
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
iann

Post by iann »

That's a lot of plants for not a lot of space :)
--ian
CactusFanDan

Post by CactusFanDan »

Very nice list. I'm particularly fond of those Islayas. I may have to order some of them from the same site. :)
-Dan
Happy growing!

There is always one more glochid. Somewhere.
My C&S blog
Angus

Post by Angus »

from cactus-hobby.eu?
I recognize some of those species :wink: , still waiting for my order, should arrive any day now.
Yes from cactus-hobby.eu; I ordered seeds there last year too. The results were mixed but I'm giving it another go because some did come up very well, and it's quite cheap too (as a student, money is a big issue :roll:)
Interesting list! Pretty similar to my list, actually. I'd like to see the seedlings if possible! :D
I'll try to remember to post some pictures when they come out of their boxes in 2014 (that seems like a long time though :-k).
That's a lot of plants for not a lot of space :)
Haha, yes I know :) I try not to buy a lot of plants anymore (no more space to put plants in winter-time and no money to heat the greenhouse), only sowing some.
In approximately 5 years (after studies and some time to save money), I'll leave the nest at my parents' and have a place of my own, which will lead to an explosive growth of my collection. I'm very much looking forward to that :)
Günther.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Angus wrote:
from cactus-hobby.eu?
Yes from cactus-hobby.eu; I ordered seeds there last year too. The results were mixed but I'm giving it another go because some did come up very well, and it's quite cheap too (as a student, money is a big issue :roll:)
I was thinking about ordering there. But I do not seem to be able to find the additional cost for packaging. How much are the postal charges?
iann

Post by iann »

Postage is calculated based on the size of the order. You order, they tell you the price (plus or minus out of stock, substitutes, etc.), you pay, and they send. I don't think you'll get sticker shock from the postage. Like the seeds, it is priced below what most west European or US sellers would charge. I can try and dig up an old order if you're still worried about the postage. Typically it is many weeks between ordering and getting an invoice, then they are sent quickly. Or not at all. Don't expect US standards of service. I had a horrible time when a seed package failed to appear, although I did eventually get the seeds, about four months after I'd ordered.
--ian
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

iann wrote:Postage is calculated based on the size of the order. You order, they tell you the price (plus or minus out of stock, substitutes, etc.), you pay, and they send. I don't think you'll get sticker shock from the postage. Like the seeds, it is priced below what most west European or US sellers would charge.
Thanks Iann. I don't mind waiting, and such (although a few months is a bit excessive). I just don't like surprises and to find out I have to pay 10 EUR / USD / GBP whatever just to get light weighted seeds. Some distributors do charge a lot...

Maybe I will have a go at ordering then and see how and when they reply!
Angus

Post by Angus »

Aiko wrote: I was thinking about ordering there. But I do not seem to be able to find the additional cost for packaging. How much are the postal charges?
These are the payment instructions that I received for the above list of seeds (all in euro's):

Seeds 21,54

Postage and packing 3,04

Summary 24,58

You can pay in following way:

Cash to my address (at your risk) 24,58

To my bank account: 29,58

PayPal 25,96
Günther.
Pilif

Post by Pilif »

Paid €3,04 postage as well; about €13 worth of seeds.
Filip