Seedling photos

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Lots of nice desirable stuff there Peterb. 8)
I noticed a drastic growth spurt in the M. tetrancistra seedlings I have here around the first of october. I have been misting them once a week since.
They and M. pectinefera solisoides just shut down completly around july, so I just left them completly dry all summer... so far so good.
At about the same time I lost 4 escobaria emskoetterianas due to, Im guessing, watering to late into its growing season. :(
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
peterb

Post by peterb »

I'm leaving the tetrancistras out in the winter rains here, along with a bunch of other Sonoran/Mojavean stuff. I think they need the winter growth to handle the brutal summers. Even if they aren't doing anything above ground I bet they are replacing roots.

peterb
Zone 9
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Super post Peterb - a lot to take in. There are not many others out there growing a mix like that. It is exciting to see them now that they are more than tiny green blobs.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
peterb

Post by peterb »

I do wonder how all the plants will do when we move this July. We're not even sure where we are moving, so it's a bit strange to think about.

peterb
Zone 9