More seedlings

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
Annieb

More seedlings

Post by Annieb »

Thought I'd share my seedlings. I planted a bunch of mixed seeds from cactusstore.com and seemingly almost all of them have come up. Planted 23 June 2014 in wetter seed/cactus media and repotted to growing non-organic media 26th july (the sowing media was getting a fair bit of algae on the surface, even with the dome open, so I've moved them.

I've made a lot of newbie mistakes with these (like using my regular 'step up' mix with the blossfeldia, even screened bark is WAAAAAY too big for these little guys), good thing cacti and succulents are pretty forgiving.

The brown dusty substance on some of the seedlings is cinnamon which I dusted on them a few days ago to try to kill off some of the algae and hopefully prevent damping off.

Mixed seedlings:

Gymnocalicium baldianum

Titanopsis calcarea

Blossfeldia liliputana

PS Please ignore the filthy cloth on my potting bench. If I don't put a dropcloth down, the bench is in sad enough shape that it has been known to give me splinters. I need to replace the whole thing, but I keep spending all my spare cash on seeds and new plants! :lol:
CactusFanDan

Re: More seedlings

Post by CactusFanDan »

They look good! :)
-Dan
Happy growing!

There is always one more glochid. Somewhere.
My C&S blog