Share your pets here

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
StrictlyOrganic

Post by StrictlyOrganic »

one ov my 2 akitas
my little man at 8 weeks old(american akita)
a bit bigger now 9-10 months in this pic
and spikey my cat 23 years old in this pic sadly she died a few months later
and my honduran milk snake
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

hmm guess I gotta find a pic of my cat..

My ex wanted a cat so we got one from one of those adoption places at a Petsmart in Phoenix.

Her name is Eve, that what my ex named her, however I call her Puddy Cat... She answers to that now hahaha

and btw she is an indoor/outdoor cat and I have had to scold her for knocking over one of my cacti already.. hehehe
She's cute tho.... :love10:
(Edit) here she is!!!
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
Mostly_Harmless

Post by Mostly_Harmless »

We have only cats here, always have, always will have!

Barney who is no longer with us, passed away last year age 17 :

Satan aka Santa aka Bodmin :
(that is a full size keyboard for comparison, he is a beast)

Mia :

Growler :

Georgie :

Wally :
apacholek10

Post by apacholek10 »

Roxie the Daschund and Lucy the Jack Russell, both have tons of energy. Roxie loves to get pulled around by lucy!Image

Snoopy the Beagle passed out on the blanket

Peanut the Jack Russell mix enjoying the outside, as usual

Roxie sunning herself in the window

I have a thousand more pictures of each, but these are my favorites.
Anthony
Peterthecactusguy

Mostly_Harmless
The cat in the first pic has really cool eyes!

And um one of these days I need to get a pic of the resident fat cat around these parts Isis..she looks sorta like your beast, however I am not sure if she is that big lol
Peterthecactusguy

Anthony,
The pic of the Roxie sunning herself in the window is cute.:)
Slaughter19

Sharing Pets

Post by Slaughter19 »

Heres my Bella..Shes an 8 month old American Bulldog!Best dog I could have ever asked for.Image.Wish I could get the picture a little bigger.
Peterthecactusguy

heh, oh well at least ya got a pic.

I kinda chopped my kitty's pic down so it was just her.. my house is messy lol
John C

Post by John C »

Heres my new pet. I got him at the Arlington, Texas NARBC (North American Reptile Breeders Conference) about 2 weeks ago. He is a 09 male Yellow Belly Ball Python.

Here he is lying on top of his hide box, not doing a very good job hiding in it :lol:

Some of the features that make the yellowbelly a morph are the flames....

....And the spots on his head.

Someday I will have to get a female yellowbelly and breed them to make the super form of the morph, an Ivory. Which is a white snake with a gray head and a yellow stripe going down its back.
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Hey John,
Your python looks good. Is that a custom enclosure -did you make it? It looks very spacious. I picked up a Ball from a woman who moved from Minneapolis to Florida. She had four of them and gave two away before leaving. It is a very nice animal. I would think that in your area there would be a local Herp society, no? I'm a huge proponent of adopting the unwanted animals. There seems to be an unlimited supply of animals, but you just have to be OK with the unexpected.

We got a pair of Chinese Water Dragons over a year ago that someone put in a glass cage. As a result they both had broken faces from smashing the glass. They were a sore sight at the time, but now they are handsome creatures. One is healed completely, the other nearly so. Anyway, adoption is a great way to go.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Peterthecactusguy

John C.
That snake sure has interesting coloration and markings!
I dont like snakes much, but remember here in AZ a lot of them are quite on the nasty side. I have seen a few of them, and almost stepped on a dead baby one which made me jump probably 12 feet in the air. I was lucky it was dead, the babies seem to be the worst of the lot.
However, I wont kill any snakes I promise. And btw I like that people have them as pets. While I wouldnt do that myself I can see the allure. Maybe someday I will get a scorpion. I have been stung by a bark scorpion before so I know what thats like. I was more scared of them before I got stung by one then snakes, since I saw crap loads more scorpions then snakes...:)
John C

Post by John C »

daiv wrote:Hey John,
Your python looks good. Is that a custom enclosure -did you make it? It looks very spacious. I picked up a Ball from a woman who moved from Minneapolis to Florida. She had four of them and gave two away before leaving. It is a very nice animal. I would think that in your area there would be a local Herp society, no? I'm a huge proponent of adopting the unwanted animals. There seems to be an unlimited supply of animals, but you just have to be OK with the unexpected.

We got a pair of Chinese Water Dragons over a year ago that someone put in a glass cage. As a result they both had broken faces from smashing the glass. They were a sore sight at the time, but now they are handsome creatures. One is healed completely, the other nearly so. Anyway, adoption is a great way to go.
Thanks!
It is a 10 gallon tank. I taped white paper on the outside of the tank on 3 sides. His hide box is an upside down dog bowl (New and never used before of course) with a hole cut in it. A water bowl and a uth and a light.
Yes, there is a herp society here and I was considering joining.
I agree about the adopting idea, but you cant normally get ball python morphs that way.
That's sad about your water dragons! I hope the other one heals soon!
"Where the West begins"
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

10 Gallon! Wow! OK that is a small snake! Funny thing about snakes is that they don't look much different when they grow.

I had that hide box figured at about 20inches in diameter! So he's got a lot of growing to do!
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
John C

Post by John C »

daiv wrote:10 Gallon! Wow! OK that is a small snake! Funny thing about snakes is that they don't look much different when they grow.

I had that hide box figured at about 20inches in diameter! So he's got a lot of growing to do!
Yeah he does have quite a bit of growing to do.

Here he is next to a tape measure

"Where the West begins"
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

Heres our ol gal Luna Boston Terrier, always wanting to go for a ride with us, she always goes everywhere we do, use to always go out on the boat with us and always goes in the car, she wants to go out on the quad real bad, told hubby we need a milk crate hooked up to the front or back so she can sit in it while we are on the trails.. Told Cassie to take her out for a ride in the wagon while we are out on the trails that way she aint left out on rides. :D

I will have to post up pics of the other pet family members.
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image