Share your pets here

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
Micaela

Re: Share your pets here

Post by Micaela »

That guy shot at my cats, not at the feral ones. He always played with them before. Anyway there's no reason to shoot at a cat at all, or even to poison a cat. But if the person who do/did these things is a criminal, I could understand. That guy has to be happy that I was too busy saving my cats and bringing them all to my vet. I'm not so nice with persons like him. He knows this now....When I came back from the vet I looked for my cousin and I found him then. He won't forget my words.Yes please! Upload a picture of Eve :) I thought I taw a puddy tat LOL
-Micci
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Micaela- will post a reply tomorrow night as I have just typed out a message only to lose the web page and it's getting late to start again. Love your pictures. Will try and get on the comp earlier tomorrow and post some pics of our babies.
A domain!!!! Buona note!!!

Susi
Nature Lover
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiggy/267725810010423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/89973039@ ... 383469537/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

I will later tonite. I have a bunch of pics to upload so it will be up sooner than later, but it won't be soon as in right now.. and hehe exactly ;)

As for the poisoner, the guy tried to get me arrested cause he is a long distance trucker and some tools at his shed were missing. I Was working on cutting down some Mesquite branches to do a BBQ, and I have no interest in his tools. I told him pretty much that, and he got all mean and nasty. I told him to go ahead and call the sheriff, it is not illegal to cut down branches off a mesquite tree that I know the owner of. He backed down after that, and when I left I yelled some nasty words at him because he is a jerk. LoL maybe I shouldn't have, but he has left me alone when I head down to what used to be the garden.
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
Micaela

Post by Micaela »

Susi- I hate that....you spend 30 mins writing, sharing emotions and PUFFF everything disappears, simply deleted. That makes me mad!!!!! :evil:
I wanted to reply buona notte, but it's too late hahaha It's better I say Buon giorno now :mrgreen:

Peter- the poisoner revenged poisoning the cats? :sad7: :crybaby: I really don't know why have to exist persons like that guy (and my cousin too..). They have no role in the world...except to make me angry and feel powerless. :protest:
-Micci
SnowFella

Post by SnowFella »

Lots of cute cats there Micaela, makes me miss my old cat from back home. Had to give her away as it just wasn't possible to bring her along when I moved from Sweden to Australia, did manage to find her a good home before I left though.
I'm a cat person at heart, you just can't force or train them into being what they are not, unlike dogs that you can train into whatever your want them to be.

Though I have to admit the neighbours cat here is in my sights, dig one more cactus up from my outdoors cacti bed and I'm likelly to be hiding out in the backyard with a waterhose to give him a drenching!
Micaela

Post by Micaela »

Hello SnowFella!
You have said it: you cannot train a cat into being what it isn't. I love the challenge to gain the confidence of a feral cat. I love to discover day by day the character of each new cat. Cats are special animals..I'm more a feline person than a canine one. But I still miss a sweet dog in my garden.
I'm sorry that you had to leave your cat...but if you found her a good home, you did your best ;)

ahahah so you have to wait in ambush for that cat :D Have you ever tried to use those repellents for cats? Some is for indoor but others are for outdoor. Maybe it can help.
-Micci
SnowFella

Post by SnowFella »

I've tried the outdoors repellants, the whole garden bed is sprinkled full of the stuff, and it still won't deter the neighbours "beast" from using it for a toilet. Think my next step might be something with some serious hooked spines or glochnids in order to teach him/her a lesson. :shock:
Really ought to hunt down and scan some old photos of mine and also the parents cat, it was pets that I grew up with and loved as opposed to granddaughters guineapigs that got dumped off at our place some years ago...I wish them no harm but can't wait for nature to take it's cource so I can get away from the constant screaming for food....I'm sure those fat little things eat 3 times their own weight in food every day! ](*,)
Micaela

Post by Micaela »

I understand what you mean, cats sometimes are pests! I have a big pot (bowl shaped) with a Sedum burrito, well my cats think that it's their own personal toilet. I have to use a kind of roofing for the pot, but I add the repellent too. I hope I can remove that roofing one day :roll:
I'm curious to see your scanned photos! :D
-Micci
SnowFella

Post by SnowFella »

Well, you would not believe how deep into an old drawer of photos I had to dig in order to find these :lol: This dates back before my every first digital camera and from memory were taken using a cheap Kodac point and pray film camera.

First goes the cat I grew up with and still bear scars from, for some reason I was the only one he ever attacked and meant it. Unfortunately my parents had to have him put down a few years ago as he just was getting to old, and after a run in with a local fox just didn't recover like he did back in his youth. Probably used up the last of his 9 lives as he previously had run in's with snakes, other cat's, foxes, dogs and a car and always got back on his feet. Car left him with a wired together bottom jaw and a knocked off tooth, found half dead in a ditch by a neighbour but was back to his feisty self just weeks later.
Alfons

And my little rascal, only had her for a few years but it left me with some very fond memories. Probably wasn't 100% right in the head, fitting to the owner, and the only cat I've ever seen eat her food like a human. Ie pick it out of her bowl using a paw and bringing it to her mouth. Cost me half a fortune in wallpaper repair when I moved out of my apartment as there was clawmarks a meter and a half high up on the walls! Was to curious for her own good and frequently jumped into the fridge to check out what I had to offer (darn nearly got shut in there a few times too) plus first time she ever was introduced to the parents old cat kept on chasing after him untill he had to hide under a bed, followed him in under there too but that's where he drew the line....one paw swipe later and my poor little thing came tumbling out like shot out of a canon!
Ronja

Those who know Swedish child litterature might recognise the names from 2 books from well known Swedish authour Astrid Lindgren, Ronja suited my little cat perfectly as she was wild at heart!
majcka

Post by majcka »

That is strange. Here in Slovenia we don't keep our cats in a drawer. We usually keep papers and such in them. Cats stay outside to catch mice.

Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

SnowFella

Post by SnowFella »

Well, this one seemed at home in a drawer...she figured out how to open the doors to underneath the sink and once in there she could get up behind the kitchen drawers and wiggle into the bottom drawer. Imagine opening a drawer to pick out some cuttlery just to be met with claws and teeth when you stick your hand in! Happened more times than I can count, life was never dull in my little apartment!
eduart

Post by eduart »

Hi,

I used to be a dog person... that is until i got my first cat.

Here's Billy Boy, sleeping on the garage futon after a big brunch (it's 11:21 am):

Cheers,

Eduart
Micaela

Post by Micaela »

Well SnowFella, your cats were simply beautiful, and I loved to read about their stories. Alfons was a warrior, Ronja was your perfect personal cat (as my Birba has been for me..). Sometimes these little balls of fur take the biggest part of our heart, they are a part of our life and they bring back sweet memories. This is heart touching.
Eduart, Billy Boy is soooo cute!!! :love7:
-Micci
cactushobbyman

Post by cactushobbyman »

Not a cat lover, but we cannot forget "Man's Best Friend." In this case, my friend's best friend.
Irish Wolfhound, 3 month old puppy and old timer
Irish Wolfhound, 3 month old puppy and old timer
1.jpg (92.31 KiB) Viewed 3403 times
:D
Micaela

Post by Micaela »

I love all the animals and I would like to have a dog again..but at the moment I spend too much for my cats.
These dogs are soooo cute!! The puppy is very sweet :)
-Micci