How do I create a voting pool?

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
stefan m.

Re: How do I create a voting pool?

Post by stefan m. »

So, the pool is failing miserably...what else is new.
7george

Post by 7george »

stefan m. wrote:So, the pool is failing miserably...what else is new.
Please go to vote here:
http://cactiguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40043
The voting topic is in a different section of the form, it took me a wile to find it. Some people will vote for well known plants, others will look for new info and views and so. It's a Holiday season, many are away of home, their desktop, favourites, working desk etc. Low activity, winter dormancy. :D
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

Dont think thats the case, seen 10-15 users yesterday, and only 3 people voted. Added the VOTING POOL in the name, lets see how well that works out.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

I don't think many plants are pest attractors, pest harbourers may be a better term, since with the form of some plants removing any pests from them once established is more difficult with such as dense clumps of multi-headed Mammillaria's or Sulcorebutia's where the pests get in at the base of the heads. Also the pests often get into the hidden parts before they become obvious.

Maybe you would have better luck instead of naming the plants Stefan if you just asked for people to name their three or four favorite cacti or Other Succulents and let them pick the genera and species. You could then see if any picked the same?
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

Dont know what to tell you. Its not like the plant itself is hard to clean. I use a dental tool for cleaning hard spots too.
The real issue is that mealybugs just wont leave the darn plant alone. They ate two of those! must be the glands on the areoles..
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

I feel like im missing something int the succulent voting poll...