addict to cactiguide forum

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
mmcavall

addict to cactiguide forum

Post by mmcavall »

CactiGuide Forum is disturbing my work... :lol: I work alone in the office with internet all the time, so I can check the Forum anytime. I do this several times a day!

Sometimes I think I should'nt. Sometimes I have to interdict myself of looking for cacti information /cacti pictures in the internet...

... when the work is boring, I scape from it by searching for cacti and succulent topics ...

Am I the only one?
MagiCarpus

Re: addict to cactiguide forum

Post by MagiCarpus »

You should be proud of it =D> Recently I called Steve Brack from MG to check my order, and between the chit chat he remarked that the hobby is dying on this continent (I presumed he meant here in the Americas, but I don't know what it's like in Europe). This scene needs fresh faces, and you are rejuvenating it by keeping this forum active. I lurked here all the time, so you are definitely not the only one who's obsessed. :mrgreen:
I suck at identification :dontknow:
majcka

Post by majcka »

mmcavall wrote:CactiGuide Forum is disturbing my work... :lol: I work alone in the office with internet all the time, so I can check the Forum anytime. I do this several times a day!

Sometimes I think I should'nt. Sometimes I have to interdict myself of looking for cacti information /cacti pictures in the internet...

... when the work is boring, I scape from it by searching for cacti and succulent topics ...

Am I the only one?
Get on the Facebook....then you're doomed! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

mmcavall

Post by mmcavall »

this week I managed to work without checking the forum every 30 minutes =D> =D> =D> =D>

I also had had time to make my notes about the seedlings I'm growing...

thank you both for replying, it helped me

Majcka: fortunatelly Facebook is not allowed at work, but I check Flickr frequently and follow you and your biking pictures
7george

Post by 7george »

The office work can be quite boring. At least for some of us. We should work over improving of that habitat.

At previous work, many years ago, I use to keep about 50 pots of different cacti at windowsills in different rooms. Also had several bee hives outside in the back yard. I was never be able to seat for long time at the same spot, was on a move all the time. Now I dont seat behind a PC but at least still on a move all day. Cacti been checked after the work mostly.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
majcka

Post by majcka »

mmcavall wrote:
Majcka: fortunatelly Facebook is not allowed at work, but I check Flickr frequently and follow you and your biking pictures
My biking pics are old news....This year I hardly got on my bike. I'm on my feet mostly. :wink:
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

mmcavall

Post by mmcavall »

George I'm following you on flickr too. Nice places and pictures!