Venus flytrap news

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
xturmin8or

Venus flytrap news

Post by xturmin8or »

It just became a felony in North Carolina to take venus flytraps from their natural habitat( previously it was a misdemeanor), except with permission of landowners. They grow naturally within a 90 mile radius of Wilmington, NC, in wetlands. Three men were just caught with 900 plants taken from the HollyShelter gamelands in Pender county. Unfortunately this has been a problem for a long time, but at least there is more of a penalty for those who get caught.
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!!" Patches O'Hoolihan
Adrian
KittieKAT

Re: Venus flytrap news

Post by KittieKAT »

That's horrible! I can't even deal with people like that, how lucky they are to live amongst plants like these and be able to see them grow in nature and enjoy them, something i wish i could do and bring the children and youth of the growing/gardening program i run to such places they've only read about or seen pictures in books of....and then these people gotta go their and destroy them by ripping them up and prob selling them online for an outrageous price. This is horrible some people literally make me sick with their actions. One day we won't have these beautiful plants that we have now living in nature, all due to people who are able to abuse such things other people would enjoy and benefit from. Its a shame...thanks for sharing this.