Radar guns can be a target!

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
DaveW

Radar guns can be a target!

Post by DaveW »

Two Brisbane Australia Patrol Officers were conducting speeding enforcement on Cunningham H/way SH15, just west of the Amberley Air force Base at Ipswich. The officers were using hand held radar devices to check speeding vehicles approaching the crest of a hill. The officers were suddenly surprised when their radar guns began reading 500 kms per hour. The officers attempted to reset the radar guns, but they would not reset and then turned off. Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact locked on to an RAAF F/A-18 Hornet which was engaged in a low flying exercise near the location.

Back at the QLD Traffic Control Headquarters the Patrol Sergeant fired off a complaint to the RAAF Base Commander.

The reply came back in true RAAF style:

Thank you for your letter. We can now complete the file on this incident.
You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Hornet had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked on to your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it, which is why it shut down. Furthermore, an Air-to-Ground missile aboard the fully armed aircraft had also automatically locked on to your equipment location. Fortunately, the Senior Pilot flying the Hornet recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile system alert status and was able to override the automated defence system before the missile was launched to destroy the hostile radar position.

The pilot also suggests you cover your mouths when cursing at them, since the video systems on these jets are very high tech. Sergeant Johnson, the officer holding the left radar gun, should get his dentist to check his left rear molar. It appears the filling is loose. Also, the snap is broken on his holster
Thank you for your concern.

Wing Commander Brown, SFO RAAF, Amberley, Ipswich, Qld.
adetheproducer

Re: Radar guns can be a target!

Post by adetheproducer »

Thats great, good fine Dave.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
SnowFella

Post by SnowFella »

Hate to say it but that one has been doing the rounds for years in different versions. ;)
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Yes how true is debatable, but can you believe much on the Web anyway?
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/radar.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
SnowFella

Post by SnowFella »

Though I have to admit cases similar in nature happened down in Bosnia during my stay there. On an number of occasions both C130's and AH64's laser warning system detected being painted and released countermeasures, all from MP's laser speedguns.