=^-^= Do not fear

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
Eutow_Intermedium

=^-^= Do not fear

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

Hello all , just to let you know I'm still around.

I lost my Discocactus sadly. But I was half expecting to lose such a tricky cold intolerant plant really. But with all the miserable, horrendous wet and cold wether we have been getting her in the UK/GB. Of which is nothing less than disaster. The high winds have been blowing every our every other day and sucking all the heat ( ripping ) the heat out of my flat.

So far the Melo Amoenus has not succumbed to the cold.

I would have liked to have sown my seeds by now. But as you can imagine it is still too dark and cold to do that, and I still despite losing couple of plants and shifting position of plants around. Don't have any room free still.

I planted to early sets of Hendry Terok Unk Melocactus weeks ago, and so far nothing has come up. I have a feeling that these seeds from plants in a warm asain climate, just will not germinate in this depressing cold climate in the uk. If I do mange to scrpe any space I will plant Tristan's selection of seeds.
All is quiet on the cacti front here. I haven't watered many of my plants so far during the winter during the rest period. But i'm sure because it has been so mild and one half of my collection being here in my flat. Some of my plants have continued to grow slightly, even if dry potted.

I haven't done much work on my Guerrilla Allotment at all for obvious reasons. < < Rain Rain Wind Rain Wind > >

But I have however to keep myself active and sane, done a small amount of bottle digging . First at Black Horse lane n then one rely morning at Norwood Country park, picking everything I could find off the surface of an area turned over by the excavation and creation of two new habitat ponds. The items being on spoil heaps and on the floor underfoot.

I still have a Bicycle in shop

The ( ladies ) 10 78 Raleigh Traveller in Saphire blue , that I have still yet to visit shop to check on it's progress. I was lucky enough to find at the Propper allotments last weekend, two bicycle wheels of 26 1 3/8 size. Both from a bicycle of a similar type to the one in shop. The rear wheel already having a 3 speed Sturmey archer hub in it. So I took these wheels up to shop to put on the Raleigh Traveller. They are perfect and will only need some cleaning and polyshing to have these looking great.

Still haven't done any Aerosol art so far this year. the weather has been S?%!e and it hasn't been my priority even though I have bought paint tins in. I visited The legal walls at Anerley the weekend gone and Trev was still there cleaning up the site. Nitro Heaven was there with RC cars going round a reduced sized track.

The Environment Agency have put in a complaint about all the Rubber tyres everywhere that Ben now relieved of his post , had illegally dumped on the site. Richard of Nitro Heaven had utilised this resource at the time as they were available. But now despite all the work he put in last year, they all have to go. Bt the owner of the site is said to have offered him a contract to be on the site , for the benefit of Nitro Heaven.

That day there were four Graffiti writers doing a production on the Main and Main end wall at the Ruined sports centre. These being Tizer I.D , Jabs , Pow and Jive. Later Dowta turned up to spectate in a jolly mood , but funnily enough didn't paint. I found that must unusual. Two other artists arrived after him, Sache and another I don't know.

A Hip Hop video was being recorded on the site earlier in the day.

Towards the end of the day a Free lance photographer Alex Ellison was taking pictures on site. He has Pro accounts on Flickr. So all was busy Saturday gone. I do have pics , but I don't know if you will be interested in them on here.

It's all quiet here on the Cacti front for me, so I haven't been putting up any pics or topics. I have been catching up on housework in the bd weather..

So

=^_^=

Regds

Eutow_Int*