Friend who hates everybody

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
CactusBoss

Friend who hates everybody

Post by CactusBoss »

I really don't know how to help her but I really want to because I know she has good in her because she has helped me through depression and has always been there for me. We've been friends for a long time and she finally told me that she's a horrible person and I could do better. I asked her why and she then told me "I've become less tolerant and I talk badly about almost everybody" So I then went into how I was not going to give up on her and that I can help her change and she then told me "Hating is easy for me & I don't care. I don't care about changing and I prob won't be able to. It's just how I'm wired. I literally have hated people since I was little and just talking s*** about them and being annoyed really easily". She has always managed to hide this from me. She then told me that she doesn't hate me but she hates a lot of the thing I do. I really want to try to help her but I don't know how. She's really a sweet person deep down.
Daniel (age 25)

Zone 5a
Brunãozinho

Re: Friend who hates everybody

Post by Brunãozinho »

Daniel, dealing with people close to you is sometimes that complicated. Talking honestly and openly is the best thing to do when things aren't going good. ;)
Bruno
CactusBoss

Post by CactusBoss »

Brunãozinho wrote:Daniel, dealing with people close to you is sometimes that complicated. Talking honestly and openly is the best thing to do when things aren't going good. ;)
That's how it is now. Things are much much better and she's now more open about things.
Daniel (age 25)

Zone 5a
coldcactusmontreal

Post by coldcactusmontreal »

If they don't want to change they never will. But living and dealing with people that have defects like that can be ok. As long as it's not stressful on either of you emotionally.