WANTED: Senecio stapeliiformis

Post requests and offers of plants you would like to trade. -Read Rules First!
Vipassana

WANTED: Senecio stapeliiformis

Post by Vipassana »

I'd be interested in cuttings, rooted plants, or seeds. I'm willing to cover postage/cost and/or offer something on trade (if I have anything you want).

I'm hoping someone here could stick some cuttings in a flat rate box and send them over. :D

Thanks!
Despina

Re: WANTED: Senecio stapeliiformis

Post by Despina »

if you havent found so far i can send you a piece and maybe seeds too from mine :)
Vipassana

Post by Vipassana »

Thank you for the offer, but I was able to get some from C and D. I hope mine grows as nicely as yours!

How fast does yours grow?
mmcavall

Post by mmcavall »

I would be glad to send you some cuttings but I'm a little far from you...and, anyway, you have it already

How do you guys manage to make it bloom? Mine had never flowered!
Despina

Post by Despina »

i can say its relatively fast grower , although its been years in the same soil and would be happier in a new mixture but its too fragile to attempt it . last cutting that broke accidentally off, happened a couple of months ago and has rooted and flowered too.
it is in full sun , all the year outside , no special treat and flowers keep coming.
Vipassana

Post by Vipassana »

Thank you for the help mmcavall and Despina.

The rooted cuttings I got from C and D arrived in great condition, but I had no idea how fast they would recover from shipment and resume growth.

Well just this morning I was looking at them and several of them have started new growth! Surprisingly during our hottest time of year (110+°F every day). I imagine they'll grow like weeds over the next few months.
mmcavall

Post by mmcavall »

Despina wrote:i can say its relatively fast grower , although its been years in the same soil and would be happier in a new mixture but its too fragile to attempt it . last cutting that broke accidentally off, happened a couple of months ago and has rooted and flowered too.
it is in full sun , all the year outside , no special treat and flowers keep coming.
thanks for the information, lets see if it works to me