carnivorous plant offspring..

Post requests and offers of plants you would like to trade. -Read Rules First!
KittieKAT

carnivorous plant offspring..

Post by KittieKAT »

I have a few offspring from my Venus Flytrap Red Dragon 'Akai Ryu' And a bunch of drosera spatulata offset babies not sure if anyone has any interest to trade they are still young some are bigger then others, but i thought id throw it out their.
I may also have some 'Scarlett belle' pitcher baby offsets not really sure how many until i do a repot. They are currently dormant but with high humidity and good lighting and some heat they will start comming back to life. I'll attach some pictures of what they look like below. These are not my plants these are what the species looks like and can look like when they are older.

*Pictures are from online, u can search up the names and see what they look like* its to dark and not enough storage room on my phone to take photo's of my offspring Cp's
Attachments
Akai ryu VFT
Akai ryu VFT
$(KGrHqEOKpIFGLoI3c9BBRk))dbbrg~~60_3-1.jpg (44.86 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
Drosera spatulata
Drosera spatulata
$T2eC16J,!)kE9s4Z-532BRF,LHcs0g~~60_3-1.jpg (172.18 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
S. 'Scarlett Belle' pitcher plant
S. 'Scarlett Belle' pitcher plant
$(KGrHqJ,!hYE6eU(oJM7BP+Ky,1odw~~60_2-1.jpg (10.75 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
LLLcacti

Re: carnivorous plant offspring..

Post by LLLcacti »

I'd love some of the Red Dragon and Scarlet Belle! I do not have much(Newbie to the Cacti/Succulent world) I have normal plants and seeds though. A handful of uncommon ones. no rares unfortunately.

Only confirmed ones are:
(Thelocactus setispinus) The Mini-Barrel Cactus
(portulacaria afra) The Elephant Bush
The blind are truly blessed for there is no sight as marvelous as murals painted in their minds,
The deaf are truly blessed for there is no sound so joyous as the orchestra that plays in their heads!
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

I don't have any at the moment like I mentioned in my email, but I'll prob have some soon enough as the rhizomes start to split again and whatever I'm using for the kids in my program I'll gladly trade. You may wanna look up care instructions for Carnivorous plants before hand they have special needs to properly survive outside or in a house.
LLLcacti

Post by LLLcacti »

I have been doing research on them and they seem easy enough to take care of. I'm planning on keeping it outdoors. At first I thought about indoors but the grow-light requirements and amount of insects required weekly kind of made a case for them to go outdoors :-P

I'm planning on looking for a pitcher plant locally on my day off tomorrow.
The blind are truly blessed for there is no sight as marvelous as murals painted in their minds,
The deaf are truly blessed for there is no sound so joyous as the orchestra that plays in their heads!
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

What type of pitcher plant? Nepenthes, Ceph or an American pitcher plant ? They dint require much feedings about once of twice per week or every two weeks. American pitcher plants are more gluttonous and will take whatever they can get whenever they can get it, kinds like a Butterwort. I just put my VFT's outside cause my plant killer roommate killed a bunch of offsets and a big cup trap vft I got for the kids :( soooo outside they went to get used to the different Temps. Soon I hope the nepenthes seeds I sowed will sprout if not then ooh well, I'll try again with the kids. But right now the Temps are still a bit wacky and not in the range I need it to be to put the cacti and succulents that survived but not all are fairing too well unfortunately.