wanted anything lithop

Post requests and offers of plants you would like to trade. -Read Rules First!
KittieKAT

wanted anything lithop

Post by KittieKAT »

Seeds, babies, biggies if it's a cute little shaped butt i would like to have it! If anyone is or has grown any and would like to share, donate, spare or give me one or more for free I'd really appreciate it. Not sure how to return postage but I'm in MA I'd be willing to return postage if i can figure out how to do so if it's not too expensive, thanks
Pm me or write below
pinkham

Re: wanted anything lithop

Post by pinkham »

I think some people here would be more likely to respond if you told them the organization the seeds were for . I think what you do is a wonderful thing. :)
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yes i posted that in a few other forums on this site, still no bite :(
Ooh well it's just prob a bad time to find mesembs, it is winter .
CactusMad

Post by CactusMad »

Hi,May i ask,why lithops in particular?

Sylv.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Its what the children wanted to do next, we let the children pick what plant's they want to sow because they tend to be more interested and want to learn more when it's something that interests them :)
They saw my collection and i have 3 lithops in a pot and they were literally hooked calling them "the little bum plant's" :p
And they said they wanted to grow sum or have some for their own pots so i thought I'd give it a whirl looking, since they take a lot longer by seed i went in search of people who grew them that are willing to donate a few to my "spare pots from thoughtful hearts program" for kids in poverty stricken area's around my town, everything's by donation of unwanted or not needed items or over flow, we are NOT allowed to buy new supplies just donations. But it's been very hard finding mesembs donated usually when we get donated plants they are border line dead, but it makes the kids appreciate them more when they work hard to make them beautiful!
Unfortunately with many mesembs if they are dying its kinda hard to Save them :(
I splurged and Broke the rules by buying seeds but,.ends up they weren't mesemb seeds period...atleast NOT one's ior other members have ever seen.. just my luck i guess :(
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

One nice thing with Lithops that you don't get in cacti, or most other succulents is a complete renewal of the plant every year. No matter how beat up the leaves are, as long as the core of the plant is healthy, you will get brand new leaves in the fall or spring and the old ones will shrivel away to nothing.

I'll send you a PM shortly.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yes the kids are completely amazed at how they regenerate every year
And their colors and markings get deeper or different with every shed of the skin
I'm surprised they haven't made a beauty cream outta lithops because their ability to keep moisture in there leaves then suck the energy to create new leaves...oops maybe i should have kept that to myself, maybe I'll get rich! Any partners on this lithop beauty cream for anti aging lol?!?!
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Thanks to everyone who has donated seeds and seedlings, though we've had some set backs, I have collected and purchased enough seeds and plants to keep the kids at bay until we start sowing when our new greenhouse is prepared and remodeled! !! Thank you for all you help and support without everyone's help and support we may have never been able to get these remarkable plants to study and enjoy in my program, thanks again. We are currently waiting until I get settled in my new place to repot these little guys into their own pots :) the kids will be thrilled when we meet for our first meeting of the summer since the greenhouse was vandalized / destroyed. Thanks again to everyone's well wishes and thoughts and your help and support <3
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

And a special thanks to aiko, CandDplants, and saxicola and everyone else for your help with seeds, links for purchase, knowledge and extra seedlings :)